November 9, 2011

7 days of happy - day 1:)

7 days of HAPPY:) - day 1

Memories of my dad make me happy. My dad passed away just before I turned 18. It's been a constant battle dealing with the loss of a parent, but I have taken such a sad and negative thing and tried to turn it into a positive. If you know me or have been following my blog for a while, then the chances are that you have read a blog post about my dad.

I always feel happy when I think of amazing memories of my dad (which is every single day) - I have a notebook of memories of him and every time I think of a fun story or amazing memory of my dad I write it down. Sure, I get sad and upset when I think of him too, but only because I miss him so much and it breaks my heart that he's not here with me (with all my family & friends)

I picked this as my first day of happy because memories of my dad have been and always will be one of the most important things in my life! I am beyond thankful for the amazing years of memories I shared with him, my mom and my brothers. His memory warms my heart every day <3 and when I feel lost or upset, I think of his smile, his laugh, & positive attitude and finally I feel happy again.

3 comments:

  1. lovely story! i think i recognize you in the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome man! Must be where you get your lovely smile from.
    Good for you to stay positive. I don't know what I would do without him so thenk you for reminding me to appreciate him. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks teddi, yeah that's meeee!!

    very handsome indeed! thanks so much allison, you're so sweet:) - thanks for all your kind words <3

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)