November 1, 2011

Happiness Project - Week One!

HAPPINESS PROJECT:)
So for the last few months I have really wanted to start my own Happiness Project.
I read "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin and really enjoyed it. Although I already live my life in what I feel is a very Happy & Positive way, I feel like there is always room for improvement.
Sometimes I have to stop and tell myself not to sweat the small stuff, or freak out and get frustrated at something so small and unimportant. I need to stop and smell the roses, Think Happy & Be Happy! I have sort of come up with my own concept as far as my Happiness Project. I am being realistic and not putting a time frame on this. I am going to do it as long as it feels right! There is no point in doing it if it doesn't make me Happy, right?
If you haven't read The Happiness Project I strongly suggest you give it a go. It really makes you think, and it's a very simple concept! I definitely learned a lot.

Ok, so I am starting small with week one so here we go.

Happiness Project // Week One

Contact ten friends that I've met abroad &/or haven't talked to in a long time. Either by Phone, Email, Mail, Facebook etc. See what is happening in their life and bring some Joy & Happiness by letting them know I am thinking of them & miss them!

Here I go. GET HAPPY!

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy your have posted this today! I am really needing a pick me up! I am gonna find this book and read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Happiness Project has inspired an aspect of my blog as well. I even tried the 10,000 steps a day rule like in the book: http://dayynuhhh.blogspot.com/2011/10/10000-steps.html

    I'm excited to see how your own version of the Happiness Project goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, love that first project! I've been meaning to read that book, but my step mom's been hogging it for a while ;)

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, what a great idea for a first project! :) That will be fun, reconnecting with people! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna start this!
    Winter coming which is a little depressing.. of staying inside bc of the cold weather..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a wonderful idea! Everyone could do with some extra happy :)

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)