January 23, 2012

HAPPY girl week - day 2 ; AMY!:)

Welcome to day two of "Happy Girl Week!"
Today I am so excited to share today's happy - AMY! from A is for Ampersand :)
Amy is as cute as a button and I am so in love with her blog! She always post the cutest/happiest things! Great DIY's, $5 vintage finds, links to other amazing blogs, and a little sunshine in to everyone's day! Amy also does custom blog design and designed my blog! I am so in love with what she did with it - if you're looking to get a blog makeover, definitely get in touch with Amy. Check out her amazing answers. Thank you so much for being a part of this Amy, You are way too wonderful for words!.
What is your "happy place"? What are you doing when you're the happiest?
I recently started working from home, and my happy place at the moment is my cozy little office. I'm surrounded by everything I love--my sewing machine, my crafting supplies, and all of my iDevices. I spend all day doing work that I love, blogging, and interacting with everyone in the incredible blogging community. It makes my day every day!

"Think happy thoughts" - What helps you get past a bad day and back to happiness?
I always rely on music to pull me out of a slump. I'm a huge music junkie and listen to music all day every day, so there's always an album for every mood I find myself in. Someone once told me that the best way to deal wth feelings is to not judge them--just identify what you're feeling, allow yourself a moment to completely feel it with no judgment, and then let it go and move on. Our mind is like a conveyor belt, so it's up to us to let ourselves feel the feeling rather than push it out, deal with it, and let it go. Also, there are no bad emotions--only bad reactions!

What's a song that instantly makes you smile?
Eek! Now that's a tough question because I have so many. I'd have to answer that with an entire album, and that album would be Dr. Dog's Shame Shame. It always hits the spot and is hard NOT to sing along to
Do you have any favourite blogs/websites that make you a happy gal?
I have so many amazing blog friends that lift me up every day. I find so much inspiration from the blogging community, so it's hard to just name a few. I love Delightfully Tacky for style inspiration, Moorea Seal for all things inspiring, and Love, Elycia for an extra burst of positivity.

Favourite quote to remind you how amazing life is?
I always try to live in the moment, so a quote that I love to remind myself of that:

"How terribly sad is it that people are made in such a way that they get used to something as extraordinary as living?" -Jostein Gaarder

What advice do you have to give about living a life of love and happiness?
While I am still trying to find the secret to a perfect, well-balanced life, I firmly believe that life is about living in the moment and not judging ourselves too harshly. Fretting about the past causes depression, and worrying about the future only brings anxiety--all we can do is deal with the moment we are in now, let ourselves feel and experience it fully, and take each day one at a time. :)
Thank you to the very talented, gorgeous darling Amy!

5 comments:

  1. I love this. Amy makes me so happy she is such a great inspiration for me!
    Thanks so much for sharing Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Happy Girl week! Your blog puts a smile on my face every time I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a greaaaattt feature! I want to be a happy girl!!

    Janette the Jongleur

    PS, Keep hearing about A is for Ampersand glad to finally know more about her..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use some "happy" this week, so this was very helpful to me. Feeling better already just hearing how Amy keeps her spirits up! Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek thanks so much, Jules!!!! <3<3 And thank you all for reading!

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)