January 25, 2012

HAPPY girl week - day 4 ; ELYCIA :)

Today's happy girl is the darling Elycia of Love Elycia !!! I feel like Elycia is one of everyone's favourite bloggers! She is so peppy, energetic, creative, and FUN! I know anyone who reads Elycia's blog can agree that she is one of the most wonderful blogger girls out there. Every post Elycia does makes me smile. She has the funniest vlogs, cuuuutest outfits, most awesome DIY's and the most creative ideas for everything. If you don't follow her, then get on this because she will make every day brighter for you! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this pretty lady, you are absolutely wonderful! ♥
What is your "happy place"? What are you doing when you're the happiest?
I am the absolute happiest when I am snuggling on the couch in the afternoon sun with Ivan and both of our kitties curled up on us. Being surrounded by my favourite people...well, people and animals...that is just the best feeling in the world.

"Think happy thoughts" - What helps you get past a bad day and back to happiness?
I have had a few bad days lately and the things that help me get back to happiness are going for a walk and getting some fresh air, watching something that makes me giggle and taking a few deep breathes and deciding to choose to make today better. Also, making myself look extra cute with a fun outfit helps a lot!

What's a song that instantly makes you smile?
So many oldies make me instantly smile. I especially love Motown and upbeat oldies tunes. I could list tons but one in particular (that is actually not Motown or particularly upbeat) is God Only Knows by The Beach Boys. It is just so pretty. Eeeee! I'm feeling happy just thinking about it

Do you have any favourite blogs/websites that make you a happy gal?
So many! This list could get seriously long. Let me just tell you the blog that has been making me the happiest lately...One Sheepish Girl. Everything Meredith posts is just so good. I love the way she photographs simple everyday things and makes them look so special. Oh, and I have to mention color me katie this video about Katie from Color me Katie. It makes me really happy.

Favourite quote to remind you how amazing life is?
"All you need is love." Favourite quote and so true

What advice do you have to give about living a life of love and happiness?
Focus your energy on all of the positive things that you have going on and surround yourself with things and people that make you happy.Pay attention to the little details in your life like a silly noise your cat makes, or a really great colour combination. Taking a minute to enjoy those small moments adds up to a lot of happiness that might otherwise go unnoticed!& Let yourself be inspired by the people you admire who are doing great things with their lives.& Also, probably the thing that helps me the most is being able to laugh at myself. Let me tell you, I can be pretty funny.

6 comments:

  1. i'm lucky enough to have met this little lady twice! and she's as great offline as she is online :)

    love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. julie! could you have said anything nicer about me?! Seriously, you are the sweetest. Carly, you are totally awesome too :) Thanks so much for having me Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read her blog all the time and I love the ever changing hair color :)

    ~Erica
    http://ericaliveloverandom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is TOTALLY one happy girl!!! Love reading her blog. We all need to hang out one day!!! we're all super close... let's do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree - laughing at myself is a source of at least a third of my daily laughs. LAME? Maybe. But hey at least I'm happy and laughing ;)

    Love Elycia, love this post!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thank you so much for mentioning me Elycia! :)

    Her positivity is just wonderful! This is such a fun series Julie!

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)