January 26, 2012

HAPPY girl week - day 5 ; AMBER :)

My HAPPY girl for today is the beautiful, sweet, caring & inspiring Amber from " I love you to the moon" - Amber is incredible, I am actually kind of in love with her and hope she's not weirded out by the fact that I refer to her as my "blog crush" lolz. But honestly, she's the sweetest girl ever and if you read her blog than I know you will agree. What I love about Amber is that she is so honest and sincere in her blog posts. Her posts all come straight from the heart and I really admire that about her. She posts about her amazing love with her Hubby (omg, they are so cute), her absolutely gorgeous outfits, what's she's up to that day/weekend, she posts the sweetest vlogs and talks about her strong relationship with God, and her Family and Friends. She is beyond amazing so please read below for her answers :)

What is your "happy place"? What are you doing when you're the happiest?

I am the happiest when I’m doing something I love. Whether it’s spending time with my sweet family, husband, or friends, taking a bubble bath and listening to my favorite music, coffee dates, reading a good book, or spending quiet time with Jesus.

My favorite place to escape is a prayer chapel on the outskirts of town. It’s so peaceful and pretty. I can’t go there and not find happiness and peace. It greets me as I drive up and every unhappy thought fades away.


"Think happy thoughts" - What helps you get past a bad day and back to happiness?

Problems tend to be temporary and have a way of working themselves out. There is no need to stress and worry myself sick.

One of my favorite teachers in high school wrote that exact same thing to me on a piece of yellow notepad paper and handed to me in class one time, when I couldn’t stop the tears from flowing.

I can’t remember what was wrong that day at all, but those words have stuck with me since.

Problems are temporary, make the most of your day.

I try to focus on the good in each day as much as possible.

When I’m having a bad day, I try my very best not to take it out on others. That is one that I hate that I sometimes do. I do not want to let bad days affect those that I love most.


What's a song that instantly makes you smile?

Oh, goodness. So hard to pick just one. I have so many happy songs! I’m gonna go with “Hey jude.” So many happy memories associated with that song.

I can’t help but smile as soon as it comes on. My best friend has me programmed into her phone as Jude and it may very well be my future kids name someday. :]


Do you have any favourite blogs/websites that make you a happy gal?

I have a few blogs that I adore and check almost daily. But, www.sometimessweet.com has been one of my favorites since I first started blogging. Danielle is the sweetest thing. She has such a happy precious little family and her blog always puts me in a good mood.

I also look at www.thepioneerwoman.com when I need a good laugh. Her writing is so funny AND! Her recipes are always fabulous.


Favourite quote to remind you how amazing life is?

This is one of my favorite quotes lately – “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.”

Power of choice is a pretty amazing thing. Choosing to be happy is the best thing I can choose to be each day.

What advice do you have to give about living a life of love and happiness?

Focus on little things that make you smile every day. The sun that shines on your face and makes feel warm and loved, pets that love unconditionally, a dress that fits just right, bright red lipstick, a good hair day, a friend that loves at all times. I think once you begin to focus on the good in every single day, that way of thinking permeates throughout your life.

Bad days are inevitable, but it doesn’t mean we have to bask in negativity and unhappiness. It’s easy to do, but so worthwhile to focus on the good in every day.


Thank you so much for your beautiful answers Amber - You are absolutely wonderful! LOVE:)

14 comments:

  1. She's so sweet! Loved that quote, about happiness being our own choice. I love the reminder that problems are temporary - definitely needed to be reminded of that today. Thankyou


    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is - and that is so true! it's great having that reminder:) xo

      Delete
  2. SO pretty! I love this interview! <3

    xx MaDonna
    MeMaDonna.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is 1 of my fave bloggers. She's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I am so glad I've found this girl! She's gorgeous and seems so sincere! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw yay - i am glad you found her too. and yes she is verrry sincere. i adore her!

      Delete
  5. Aw, thank you for having me sweet Jules! And for the sweet words. I just love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! I discovered Amber's blog a while back and really enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a great interview! Amber is my favorite person in the internet (yes crazy thing to say but so true- I LOVE her) and I was so happy to see her here! <3

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww hi danielle. glad you liked it:) she is so amazing right? as are you! thanks for stopping by my blog. i still read yours and love every second of it. i feel like i've been following you forever so it's fun to read all your posts!<3
      xoxo

      Delete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)