January 29, 2012

my happy girl answers:)

So this past week I got to share some amazing happy girl answers from some wonderful bloggers! A huge thanks to all the girls who participated - Thank you for being so amazing.
Can't believe that blogging has become such a big part of my life - over the past few years I have realized how much I love to write and share fun & positive things with anyone who is willing to read them. I still can't believe that almost 500 people follow my blog. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read my posts, comment or share their own blog posts!:)
I hopefully have a few more belated happy girl posts coming but for now I thought I would share my own answers to the questions. People quite often ask me how I am so happy and positive all the time, and the truth is that I have no reason not to be!

What is your "happy place"? What are you doing when you're the happiest?
It's too hard for me to give one answer because so many places make me happy. But to name a few - sunday's relaxing & enjoying a coffee/tea with my boy, family gatherings!, discovering a new beautiful place - i love to travel so i am so happy when i am in a new place i've never been, going on an adventures!!, sitting in the sunshine at the cottage with a drink & a good book, spending time with my besfriends, being a hostess/planning parties

"Think happy thoughts" - What helps you get past a bad day and back to happiness?
Despite the fact that I am generally a very happy person, I do still have rough days. Sometimes I let something small get to me but it doesn't take long for me to snap out of it. Crazy as it sounds, losing my Dad when I was 18 taught me so much. I was always happy and positive but since it's an extremely hard thing to deal with, and I still struggle with it today - I tried my best to turn my experience in to something positive as I knew he would want me to. So, I realize even more so how precious life is. How important it is to live a life of love and happiness, and never let anything bring you down because you only get one life to live and there's no reason for it to be anything short of amazing. I always focus on the positive - boyfriend, family, friends etc. Also, always having fun plans on the go makes me really happy & excited:)

What's a song that instantly makes you smile?
Ok, I certainly can't choose just one because music is such a big part of my life, but to name a few -
I saw her standing there / Please please me / Dear Prudence / She loves you - The Beatles
(plus every beatles song ever because I am so in love)
The clapping song - Shirley Ellis
Aint too proud to beg - The Temptations
Shake - Otis Redding
Oogum Boogum - Brenton Wood
Darlin' - The Beach Boys
Better Together - Jack Johnson

Do you have any favourite blogs/websites that make you a happy gal?
There are honestly so many amazing ones. When I look through my blog roll I can't believe all the amazingness that is in the blog community. So to name a few - Oh So Lovely - I love you to the moon - Little chief honeybee

Favourite quote to remind you how amazing life is?
Oh my, this is hard for me. Pete always teases me because I love so many quotes! hehe:)
Smile, You're alive!
Wake up every morning with the thought that something wonderful is about the happen
Do all things with LOVE
If you can dream it, you can do it
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
Let what you love, be what you do
Love life and life will love you back!
It's a dream until you write it down, then it's a goal

What advice do you have to give about living a life of love and happiness?
I think it's really important to remember how lucky you really are. Even if you are having a bad day, or if nothing is going your way, think of how many people who would do anything to be in your shoes. We often take our own lives for granted when really we are so incredibly lucky. I always remind myself that I have an amazing boyfriend, an incredible and close family, the best friends, a good job, a great apartment, food on my plate every day and always something to look forward to. You create your own destiny. If something isn't happening, MAKE it happen. The possibilities are endless. DREAM BIG. never give up & never grow up! Think happy // Be happy :):):)
Thanks to anyone who actually read all this, lolz. Sorry for blabbing! && please take some time today to read all the posts below - They are very inspiring!
xo

16 comments:

  1. Love the last part Julie. It's SO true... what might seem like the worst day in our lives may seem like the best day to someone else because there IS food on the table, we can easily make money to buy what we want, not necessarily need, and we have so many friends and family members that will take care of us. It's sad to think that some people might not have any of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It totally breaks my heart to think of those people. It's sad that they don't get to experience so much love in all aspects of their life:(

      Delete
  2. your cheerfulness is infectious! thanks for the smile today! :)

    xx MaDonna
    MeMaDonna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww, thanks love! you're so cute. glad i got to give a smile!:)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your answers. Gosh, you're perfect, blog crush. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, & i loved yours!:) and you're the perfect one, my darling B.C! lolz:) xoxo

      Delete
  4. These happy girl post are just delightful and your lovely smile is so infectious!
    Toni xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks cutie pie! aw and thanks for the compliments. you're sweet xoxox

      Delete
  5. Happy Girl Week has got to be my favouritest (yes itsa real word!) blog post! I save your blog for last when i'm cruising through my google reader so I know it'll end on a high ;) Thanks so much for the happiness & joy you spread. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww, that made me SO happy to hear! and saving me for last? giiirl i am blushing! so sweet. thank you so much for your kinds words & for reading:)

      Delete
  6. dear julie, we love you! happy sunday happy girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear teddi, you're so cute! your comments always make me smile:)

      Delete
  7. you are the happiest girl i know and i am beyond thankful to have met you so many years ago and that we have continued to be great friends ever since.

    i love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG girl, i feel the same way about you! we've been friends for like...over 10 years now! you're such a gem. loveLOVELOVE you! let's plan a date soon k?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blog is super cute - plus, i love cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are soo inspiring! I'm going to write down those quotes and stick them at my desk in work.. I can only hope to be more like you :D X

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)