February 15, 2012

V.DAY.LOVE

Valentine's Day Lovin' !!!
Hello my loves. I hope everyone had a wonderful, magical, perfect day filled with LOVE ♥ I wanted to do a fun little post about my love for Valentine's day/Anything & everything love related. I know that Valentine's Day is not for everyone...in fact I know the majority of people despise the day. However, to me...it's just lovely! I think that just like any other holiday or special event - it is what you make it to be. Valentine's day doesn't have to be about spending some romantic sappy day with your significant lover. It can be an amazing night out with friends, family or co-workers. It could mean watching your favourite chick flicks and ordering a pizza and eating some chocolates. I just think that with Valentine's day and in life in general, you choose your own destiny! When I was single I always made a point of planning a fun day/night with friends and people I love so I could be reminded how lucky I am!

I wish people would stop hating on V-Day! How could anyone not like a day all about LOVE?!

I hope everyone had a great day, no matter who they spent it with!:)

My day was most definitely filled with love & smiles. I brought lots of valentine's cupcakes to work for all of my co-workers and handed out valentines to everyone! The boys in the office gave a rose to every girl which was so sweet. Also, the HR manager at work got my a big delicious piece of cheese cake with strawberries to bring home & share with Pete!

When I got home my man had sushi, wine, roses and presents ready for me. We don't go all out and spend tons of money on each other. We get a few little gifts for each other, a sweet card and just spend the night hanging out and spending time together. I got the new Paul McCartney cd (omg, SO good!) && some movie night tea from David's Tea (yeyeyeye!) Here are some photo's from my day...

valentine's day outfit & cupcakes i brought to work;
sushi, wine, roses, cuteness;
beatles lyrics in hearts for pete;
cupcakes made with looooove;
pink roses! so cuuuute;
.xoxo.

8 comments:

  1. AWWW! That sounds lovely :) I spent the day travelling home and then over a video call, which was really nice because we really missed each other. I like valentines day but it reminds me how hard long distance can be sometimes *sigh* someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey cutie! awwwww, i hear you. long distance is tough. me and my bf had to tough it out for our first year. someday indeed my darlin' xo

      Delete
  2. agreed. celebrating love is wonderful. i think people mainly hate on it for the hallmark/over prized gifts aspect and think that we should spread love everyday...but we do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know it babygirl! best way to look at life! xooxx

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you on Valentines day, so I said the same thing, This year I was single and away from friends so I took a co-worker out to see the vow and I made Cake pops for my students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!!! good! i am glad to hear it. it can be amazing if you only let it!

      Delete
  4. i love the cupcakes- your idea of valentine's day is so similar to mine, read my post and you'll know what I mean http://kyleescornerx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)