March 5, 2012

best GUAC ever!


Holy Moly Guacamole!
Gotta try it - Guacamole :)
So, as I have mentioned in precious posts, I want to post more recipes to share with you wonderful people. So today I am posting a recipe for the best Guacamole ever!
I was never a huge Guac fan until a few years ago when Pete's mom made some and I fell in love. This is the recipe she has been using for years - it's from an old school Mexican cook book and it will change your life! (lolz)
SO, TRY IT.

what you'll need;;
3 large avocado's - stoned & peeled
2 tsp finely chopped onions
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 tomato, peeled & finely chopped
2 tbsp sour cream or mayo
2 tsp finely chopped coriander (optional)
1-3 hot red chillies chopped or 1/2 tsp chilli power

1] mash avocado's with a fork. add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine

2] serve in a wooden or stone bowl with corn chips/nacho's

YUM YUM YUM.
let me know if you try it out:)

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to make my own guacamole, and this recipe sounds absolutely delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guac is one of my all-time FAVS! I like the addition of sour cream or mayo...going to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesssss:) it creates more too! i am excited to make some next weekend!

      Delete
  3. I've never been a guacamole person...but I would like to try making it at home. I think I would like it a lot better than the crap at mexican restaurants!

    xo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it's so weird. i only seem to really like home made guac! go for it!:)

      Delete
  4. oh i love guacamole! :) i will definitely try this out <3 thank you

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)