May 17, 2012

canadian life! : cottage weekends

cottage life

i wanted to dedicate a blog post to one of my favourite things ever - going to the cottage!
i'm sure this happens all over the world, but us canadians love going up north for a weekend of camp fires, hikes, relaxation, laughs, drinks, swimming, boat rides and just spending time outside away from the city life, technology etc. this is such a canadian thing to me & definitely one of the things i look forward to most in the summer time! :) such a peaceful, amazing place to be.

saturday morning i'm heading up to the cabin with a bunch of friends for a weekend of fun! 
i am SO excited. fingers crossed that the weather is going to be as amazing as it's saying!
26 & 27 and sunny - yeeeee! either way, it will be perfection.
this weekend is "may 2-4" // victoria day weekend here in canada - it's the first cottage weekend of the summer for most of us & the first long weekend of the summer!

i'm so ready!
anyone else love cottaging as much as me? are you going to yours this weekend?
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. YAY!! Who doesn't love cottages? So much fun!! I'm going up to mine but not until Sunday evening as I work all weekend but having Sunday night and all day Monday will be great...just hoping SO much that the rain that is being called for Monday holds off for me :) The whole fam is going up to so it will be fun!

    Have an awesome time jujubes!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time Julie! I am heading to mine in 3 hours!!!! WOOP!
    Happy 2-4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been cottaging (I'm from Texas, so yeah... lol), but is sure sounds like fun! Maybe someday I can plan a family trip up North to do something like that. Enjoy your weekend and I'm sure other people, as well as myself, would love to see pics when you get back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooooove going up to the cottage! I miss my family's cottage... we had one in Haliburton for yeaaaaaaars! Like my Dad went to it as a newborn! Haha. I miss it..

    Hope you are having an awesome time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spending the weekend in a cottage far far away sounds perfect! I wish there were more of these in the British countryside! Closest I'll get to a cottage is a tent... And as we're in England it'll probably rain! Have a lovely weekend! Hope the weather stays good for you! X

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)