May 3, 2012

oh hi! nice to meet you :)

Oh, Hello there! I'm Jules.
Happy Thursday Ya'll!
[ today is my friday since i have tomorrow off! ]
So, I wanted to do a little blog post for you to get to know me since I've got some new (& amazing) followers. I wanted to say that I sincerely love and appreciate each and every comment that you leave. I am so bad with commenting, and it's something I really need to work on because I know how great it feels to get some positive feedback from your readers:) I tend to read & forget to comment.
If you are new to this blog, then welcome & thank you for taking the time to read it. I still can't believe over 500 people follow this blog and have some sort of interest in what I write about.
I know my blog isn't something all that special, but I want it to be a place to share my positive attitude on life and add some happiness in to your day ♥
If you're a new follower - please comment & say hi! let me know about your blog so I can check it out too. I love finding new blogs to explore.

&&& now here are some fun/random facts about me!

♥ My name is Julie, but I have a lot of nicknames. I go by Jules mostly on my blog because it just feels right, haha. I think Jules really suits me and I've been called that a lot in the past. Plus,  my man calls me that so it's just really catching on it seems.

♥ I worked on a cruise ship for a few years (on & off) and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I got to travel to so many amazing places and meet incredible people from all over the world. And the best part - I met my boyfriend Pete on the ship! (or the love boat as I like to call it)

♥ I LOVE movies. I love going to the movies, I get so excited like a little kid. I go to the movies often and still really appreciate them! Pete and I have so many dvd's and our collection is always growing. To name a few favourites : Dazed and Confused, Troop Beverly Hills, Home Alone, Clueless, Stand By Me, I Love You Man, Superbad, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Up, Fever Pitch, Empire Records, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Across the Universe, The Breakfast Club, Sandlot, Now & Then, My Girl, Mermaids, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion (etc etc, lol)

♥ Christmas is pretty much my favourite thing in the world. Well, it's not really a thing is what you're thinking, but I really am in love. Christmas has always been the most special time of the year and it makes me so ridiculously happy. I guess I've always loved the joy it's brought to me and my family and so many others. I love seeing people do good things, and full of good cheer. I really do wish it could be Christmas all year long! (one of my nicknames = Julie Ross Christmas!)

♥ I love taking photo's. I am always that person who takes all the pictures and I love it. Photo's are so special to me and I still love developing them and putting them in to albums and scrapbooks. I've got a digital camera, a DSLR, instax mini and of course my iphone. I am also addicted to instagram :)

♥ I love wearing dresses. It's basically all I ever wear. When people see me wearing something other than a dress they usually make a comment. I don't know how or when I became such a girly girl, but I love it! I think I own about 150 dresses. (omg, I know)

♥ I am a Cupcake girl! I can honestly say that I loved Cupcakes before they became a "thing"- I just think that they're so frigging cute, and they make people smile which is a huge bonus. Over 3 years ago after bringing Cupcakes to events, parties, gatherings etc. I decided to start my own little business on the side. Cupcakes Made With Love seemed like a perfect & fitting name for my little business. They've come a long way and I have so much fun doing orders for special occasions for all kinds of people. Each order is filled with all my love and creativity!

♥ I love TORONTO. I grew up in a suburb just 30 minutes east of Toronto but fell in love with the city forever ago. I've lived in Toronto in the past and then travelled quite a bit but have been back living here for a few years and I am so in love with this city! Our place is perfect and I've got so many amazing friends in the city, not to mention my brothers, sis-in-law & niece! There are so many wonderful places in Toronto and it seems like almost every day that I find something new & exciting!

♥ The Beatles make me so happy. I have loved them all my life and I am still a die hard fan! I have 2 Beatles related tattoos ( let it be && all you need is love ) Their music makes me so happy and I love the positive message they convey. 
Learn more about my love of the Beatles by watching my "The Beatles Make Everything Better" Vlog!

omg, this turned in to a novel. (sorry!)
and if you read this whole thing, then let's be besties!
want more jules in your life? (hahaha)
email : thelifeofacupcake@gmail.com
instagram : julierosschristmas

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh Christmas is my all time favourite time of the year! There is nothing better then some Christmas spirit!!
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww yay! omg, it's the best. thinking about it makes me giggle!
      xo

      Delete
  2. haha you are so cute! CHRISTMAS IS MY FAVORITE TOO, i'm seriously obsessed! So with that being said, I'm totally down to be besties!! :)

    xo.
    Raechel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thanks pretty :) - YEEEE! it's the best ever. can't wait until we can exchange christmasy things! hehe. awwww YESSS to being besties!!!!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. You're super cute & I as well just started my 1st blog & wrote my 1st entry almost a week ago. You aren't too bad with commenting b/c u wrote something like " u go girl" b/c I told u I was about to start it& Thanku for that b/c I was in my way to a scarey drs apt & that brightened my morning ;) The way u love cupcakes is the way I love lattes& my blog is called "selfloveinalatte " & I don't bake but I like to paint lattes ;) anyways my link is on my instagram I'm MonroeBrooke but here it is-http: / / missbrooke-selfloveinalatte.blogspot.com/. I would love any advice u could give on how u learned so much about building your blog, keep up the great work beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: omgggg that comment was a novel!!! Sorry lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! I love that adore dresses... I'm trying to learn to love them again! I used to wear nothing but dresses. These days I am so used to trousers though that anything else feels really awkward and weird. Trying to get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are adorable! Christmas is my favourite thing in the whole world too and I love The Beatles!! I really LOVE your blog thanks for being so inspiring :)

    xx
    http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. New around here, nice to read a little more about you! Adorable space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie!
    I just found your blog through miss teacups . I'm a fellow TO lover! I live just outside the city but love it and take every excuse I can get go come into the city.
    Happy to have found your blog. I love cupcakes, movies, Christmas and I only wear dresses too! :D

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)