June 28, 2012

life, and engagements, weddings, houses, babies...

[ :) ]

I have been thinking a lot lately about my life and what I've accomplished so far and how I live it, and I must say - I am pretty proud of what I've done. I've got a really great relationship with my family, we spend a lot of time together and they are a huge and important part of my life. I have so many amazing friends. Friends who have been in my life for over 20 years, some for 10, some for 2 but where ever or how ever I met them, they are a huge part of my life. Annnnd, of course I've got my Pete. Four years is a long time and I am so proud of our relationship and all we have done together. I love learning and spending time with him, while having independence too. Adventures all the time! (BEST EVER!)

Lately, I find myself thinking about my future and what it will hold. I am not getting any younger, and I try not to let my age change my mind about my life and happiness. More and more friends of mine are getting engaged, married, buying houses, having babies etc and although I am extremely happy for them, it's not for me right now. I love going to weddings, and can't wait for the 5 (so far...) that I will be attending in 2013. I definitely understand why it's happening for everyone, but we are all different. We all have different goals & dreams and ideas for how we want to live our lives! I have a lot more I want to do before "growing up" and taking the next step (marriage, house, kids etc) I know that I want it someday but when I feel I'm ready, not when everyone else does it.

I love my life. I loooooooove living in Toronto! I love always having plans. I love going out with friends all the time. I love date nights. I love travelling!!! I love doing what I want, when I want. It's not selfish because we only get one life, live it how YOU want to live it.

I can't wait to get married someday. I can't wait to own a cute little house (bungalow please) and be a mom! (side note : I hate when girls say they want to have kids early on so they can be a "young mom" and do things with their kids. Well, I gotta say - I will be just as cool of a mom in my 30's when I am ready to be the best mom I can be!!!) 
There is so much to look forward to, and when the time is right it will happen! But for now, 
LIFE.IS.GOOD - I am living it just how I want and DAMN it feels great!

Thoughts on this? (only nice ones please! lol)

8 comments:

  1. I feel ya, I see everyone around me having babies and getting married and theres nothing wrong with that. But I just dont want to feel pressured like I have to do it right now.

    But I do need to live more, I spend too much time being sad for so many reasons then being upset I dont live my life and do things i want but its my own fault for not getting out there. I guess its hard to get out of the slump. You are simply an amazing role model. I def look up to you and positivity.


    Sometimes you just gotta wait for things to come and not force them and live life first! Its for sure the only one on this planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! Sometimes it seems that everyone is doing all of this stuff so quickly! Theres nothing wrong with just living for you!
    Glad you are going so well!
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby girl, Jules, I feel you. There's a ton of pressure on people, particularly women, especially as they age, to "settle down." And it's very "quiet." Like, I have friends who are just dating and casually ask me if I'm dating. When they hear the answer ("no"), they proceed to give advice, which is cute because they assume that there's something wrong with being single at 25.

    I think it's kind of weird sometimes; we all "age" and "mature" differently. Also: we kind of value different things as we age. Like, for you, being "hip" is not related to age. You are hip because you're Jules. You're not hip because you are x years old. Also: your kids won't give a *bleep* how old you are. You're their mama cat. They're going to like you sometimes and they're going to really not like you sometimes because, "What do you mean I can't go to Katie's party? Everyone else is going!"

    You are a good sport about having a good and positive attitude about the upcoming weddings, though, and it's good that you and Pete have an understanding of what you two want. Those are good signs. You can't force anything to happen or rush through life, honestly. Nice and slow. It's like baking! ^-^
    Hugs and hearts and little sprinklings on cupcakes,
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree!!! I too will be 30 in December& I am in no rush to find a husband or have kids! I feel like a late bloomer-I'm still working on my BA, & I too LOVE my Lil goals&dreams that I'm working towards! My painting, my yoga practice, my writing, school, my free time as well..& I know if I choose to ever have kids(still not sure I want any ever) I will too be a great Mom b/c I got out a my selfish ME time out if my system! So you have a great head on your shoulders! Good post! And so relatable for us twenty-something's..especially the single ones, Thx Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am totally with you!
    a lot of my friends are starting to get married and while i eventually do want to get married and have kids, there's just too much that i want to do before that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get that too. My boyfriend Scott and I have been together almost four years and people are like, "When are you getting MARRIED? When are you having BABIES?"
    (I'm three years older than Scott and he's only 20...what is wrong with people?!)
    I still have a lot to achieve before I create other humans. Scott's mum says, "Ugh, I'd hate to have a child in my 30s!" but I think feeling like that is sometimes a sign you have nothing else going on in your life or no major goals. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. as long as you're happy julie, who cares about anything, or anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your point of view is great!
    I personally want to get married young ish, have kids young ish, and just do all of that when im a little bit younger. I look forward to it loads. HOWEVER, I am well aware that this will potentially not happen. And that my life will take another course, and that's ok too. We'll just see. And I'll just try and enjoy the now and the fact that now is great and it's not going to be any different than what it IS. RIGHT now.

    I don't know if that made sense.
    But either way, power to you dude! You have a great perspective on everything honestlyy.

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)