October 7, 2012

On being Thankful....

Hello Loves!
Today is Thanksgiving in our home & native land! && You know what that means!
Time for the token "Why I'm Thankful post"

I really am thankful for every single thing in my life! Sometimes I honesty just stop what I am doing and think of how lucky I truly am. My life has had it's ups and downs, but my main focus has always been living life in a positive and happy way. I always come back to that. I always do my best to remind myself and others how lucky we all are.  When I think of all I have, and all I've done - I feel ecstatic! I love my life! I am so happy. My heart is so full. BEST. feeling ever. :)

People always ask me why I'm always so happy. The truth is ... I have no reason not to be! I am always surrounded by the most incredible, happy and positive people. If I can make someones day by just being myself, then I am happy! 

I saw a quote recently that made so much sense to me : 
Be so happy that when others look at you, they become happy too!

To list a few (or a lot!) of things that I am Thankful for. Here we go :

My man! ♥ Oh my sweet babe! Pete is just wonderful. Not only is he the best boyfriend ever, but he is so kind and sweet to everyone. My friends and family love Pete almost as much as I do :) He has a huge heart and treats me so amazing. I am thankful every friggin day for this cutie ;

My fam! They are the best! I am so thankful to have such an amazing relationship with my whole family. We're so close and spend time together very often! My family gets together for every birthday, and every holiday and I absolutely LOVE that about us! ;

My Friends! I've got so many wicked awesome friends! They are all amazing in so many ways. I am also still besties with my core group of girls from High School and even Elementary! It's such a special thing to say we've been friends for over 20 years! (omg, I know!) + so so many more amazing pals. ;

My job! For the first time in a long while, I have a job I really really love. Not only do I love it, but I am proud of it! I feel like my role is so suited to my personality and lifestyle. It's right by our place, so it's a 20 minute walk (best ever) It's an extremely fun & vibrant company, and part of my job is making people happy! (what? best) I am also obsessed with my co-workers. (I am going to do a post all about loving your job very soon! ;

My city! I'm from the T. dot O! Reppin' everywhere I go... I am sure you guys have heard me talk about Toronto and how I am in friggin' love with this city! It's the best. Read some of my past Cute Toronto posts as I prove it! This is our view from our balcony! Love thissss :) ;

My home! Pete and I have the cutest little apartment, and it's really starting to feel like "home" (home is whereverrrrr i'm with you) I am thankful to have a sweet place that I love! Home including my moms house as well since that will always be home to me!


My life! All I have to say is....damn, I love my life! Things are really good and I am proud to say that! I am not trying to boast in any way, I just think that if you are happy about your life, you should show it! Be proud! Spread love! Maybe it will become infectious :)


& I can't forget the little things :

christmas, cupcakes, snuggles, fall days, sunday's, coffee!, fancy latte's, sleepovers, sending mail, this blog!!!, snowflakes, date nights, get togethers, party planning, hockey, tea!, going to the movies, shopping at the market, old friends, new friends, a good book, smiles, high fives, adventures, cottaging, lists, love, travels, photo's, knik knaks, disney movies, pj's, forehead kisses, treat bags, a long hug, hot chocolate on a cold day, red lipstick, toques, snow angels, beards, panda bears, rain boots, bike rides.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! :) Hope it was as special as you are!

10 comments:

  1. Loved reading this - it made me happy! Your happiness is infectious. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules,
    You hand out happiness before you even speak; with that smile of yours! Our Thanksgiving isn't until next month, but today I'm thankful for your energy that is contagious.

    You lead by example, fair lady!

    Cheers,
    Heather @ Find That Warm Fuzzy Feeling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jules! Happy Thanksgiving! :D You got a very cool list there! And may I add, you look so cute!

    Hope you have a fabulous week! ;D

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely to read! People complain about stuff so much, so it's nice to read an entire post of genuine thankfulness.
    x Lisa
    http://thecraftartykid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not Canadian here, but Happy Thanksgiving!
    Found you via the blog hop, glad I did! I love this post, can't wait to see more photos of your cute apartment!

    Salut,
    www.yelleevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I am thankful for? Getting to see you on Sunday! You are 100% that dose of happiness that I need in my life. I wish we still lived closer and could hangout more because I need more people like you in my life - on the daily. I love you so much and am SO thankful for our friendship! Can't wait to see yooooou :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also...you are SO right. There is no reason not to be happy, even when things seem rough, there is ALWAYS something to be happy for. I need to remember that when I start to let the little things get to me...it's so silly. I should just think to myself WWJRD

    Can you figure out what that means ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeeee your positivity! Some days life seems tough but I need to adopt your thinking X

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)