November 20, 2012

5 things to get you in to the christmas spirit!

1. put on your favourite christmas album on! nothing gets me in to the christmas spirit quite like the pure joy i feel when listening to christmas tunes! ♥ & if you don't own any (gasp!) then create your own playlist on grooveshark or songza

2. make some lists, and check them twice! - i love getting organized with all of my christmas stuff. i make lists of things to do, gifts to buy, cards and packages to send, christmas party ideas, diy's, gift ideas, blog posts etc. it's so fun! & it feels so good to have everything down so you don't forget any awesome ideas :)

3. go get some new yummy spelling candles! ooh, i love it! get your place smelling cosy & festive! pine, toasted marshmallow, cranberry, peppermint, candycane. ooooh la la.

4. snuggle up with your comfies on, a blanket and some baileys! doesn't hurt to throw a christmas movie on as well (obvs)

5. buy yourself a christmas magazine! some of them can be pricy but you can get a great magazine with amazing christmas gift ideas, recipes, crafts etc! a few of my favourites :
chatelaine, canadian living, martha stewart living


[ xo]

25 comments:

  1. I've sorta got in the Christmas Spirit . We have a little tree up in the basement !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love these points. I am currently listening to lady antebellum all I want for Christmas is you :D
    My mum bought me a fruit scented candle :)

    Aree
    http://areewithumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Christmas! I'm already in the mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holiday candles are WONDERFUL! I just love em! And this list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Loved this. I too adoreeee christmas, but I like waiting until thanksgiving is over and the dive in. We put our tree up the day after and all our decorations.
    I have been waiting to watch Christmas movies too this year and I cannotttt even wait to pop in Elf on Friday night!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeyeyeye! our thanksgiving is at the start of october so i am tempted to get started earlier! lolz, i know americans have their kickoff right after thanksgiving, it works out perfectly!!! omg i wish we could watch ELF togetherrr
      love you babes!

      Delete
  6. Your list is spot on, girlfriend! I started playing Christmas music this week and I have been feeling so jolly! I also bought the candles today. Can't wait to start decorating! Christmas is such an exciting holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeee! it is the best!!! we are twinzies and YES it's so exciting. i loooove it!!
      xo

      Delete
  7. This is a great list! I'm all over the list making... I don't know if I could navigate the holiday season without having a list for everything... food, gifts, events, etc. And Pinterest helps immensely for my "Christmas DIY" list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg i know right!!! lists are the BEST and totally keep me organized during christmas! pinterest is good for that too!!! :)

      Delete
  8. Yes, I'm a total list girl. I already have my Christmas card list made, just need to make a present 1. We are decorating for X-mas tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are the besssssst! my place is almost ready for christmas!

      Delete
  9. I love this post, it already gets me in a Christmas mood :).

    I am a new follower, can't wait to visit more often!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww that makes me happy!! welcome aubree, thanks so much! i am going to check your blog out!!:)
      xo

      Delete
  10. Hi, Jules! Love all your ideas about getting in the Christmas spirit. I usually do all of the above except number 5. Never thought to go out and buy a Christmas magazine. Might have to start that :) Anyway, I'm a new follower! Very nice to meet you and stumble upon your page! :)

    Sarah @ loveeesarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. go for it girl! sometimes it's nice to look through a magazine since everything is online these days!!! hehe. awww thanks so much! welcome! i am going to check out your blog too! xo

      Delete
  11. I needed this! I'm kind of a grinch right now!

    http://thecharleygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh noooo! hehe! well get into it girl! lol:) yayyy!
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. I am so freaking ready for christmas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading your posts like this put a big smile on my face!! X

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)