January 2, 2013

get organized in 2013!


in honour of the start to a new year, and new goals and a new YOU, i have created a list of...
13 ways to get organized to start your 2013 off right!

1. treat yourself to the most perfect planner! take some time to go through it, and mark down important dates, plans, deadlines, and goals!

2. go through your old magazines and pick out recipes you want to try, health tips and inspirations and put them all in to a folder that you can look at each month

3. clean out your make up collection and all of your toiletries - i just did this and it felt great. get rid of anything you don't use anymore and minimize. i'm also not going to buy any new products until i've used up what i've got (this won't be easy!)

4. clean out your cupboards! on the topic of cleaning, it's fun to minimize your mugs, glasses, bowls, plates etc. make room and re-organize everything! it will keep things looking fresh, and help you find your long lost cute stuff!

5. go through your fridge ; get rid of any condiments you don't use, anything that might be expired or out of date. also wiping down the shelves and drawers and making room for all of those fruits and veggies you will be eating this year (hee-hee-hee)

6. make plans! i love this one. i like to look at my calender by month, and find which days (specifically on the weekend) that i'm free so i can make plans! then i reach out to friends and make fun plans so i have something to look forward to.

7. get going on your blog notebook! i think we all probably have one (or five) but it's so fun to have a coffee or tea, snuggle up and write down your thoughts & ideas for your blog!

8. book an appointment for a check up at the doctor, get your eyes checked, load up on some vitamins and such.

9. go through old receipts, bank statements, bills etc from 2012 and decide what you need to keep for your records and what you can shred/recycle/get rid of.

10. create a budget for the year. or at least a monthly one, this is something i am going to work really hard at this year! work out a savings plan for any big events happening this year such as weddings, holidays, vacations, weekend trips etc..

11. update your music! buy some new songs, find old cd's and upload them on to your computer and get some fun new tunes goin'. create some new playlists, esp a work out playlist! (i am currently composing mine!)

12. clean out that closet! anything that hasn't been worn in a few months in considered old news! take all of the clothes you don't want to the salvation army or an exchange store.

13. plan our your meals! i feel so much better when i have made my lunch the night before work. annnnd, start the day with a great breakfast. it's also so refreshing to know what you're going to make for dinner when grocery shopping

happy organizing!
xo


16 comments:

  1. I'm am searching for the perfect planner. Nothing will ever top the one I found last year :(.

    Such a great list julie! Happy New Years! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which one did you find last year?! i want a cath kidston one! i think i will buy a new one tomorrow! let me know what kind you want, i will look for you!

      happy new year, love!
      xo

      Delete
  2. love this!
    I am using a Maybook planner this year. Only on day 3, but so far so good. Fabulous tips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh! i am going to check this one out! so fun to start fresh!
      xo

      Delete
  3. This is so perfect... because these are all the things I JUST DID!
    You read my mind! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this as I was celebrating completing the first four on the list... now to finish the rest :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you go girl!!! i still have a few more to do myself!
      xo

      Delete
  5. Happy 2013, I love your layout it's so adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you too doll! thanks so much! i am loving it too!
      xo

      Delete
  6. I love throwing away old makeup and beauty products. I also really enjoy cleaning out the fridge. I find it so cleansing and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This list is great. Thanks. I want to start making fun plans each week. So we have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this list!! #1:I love my planner. It's my favorite part about January. #2: Love this idea! Then I can throw all those piles of mags away afterward. #5: This is my least favorite chore. But I must do it.#11: Great idea! I really would like some newer music!!

    -Jenn V.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this list! I need to buy myself a planner....I miss having one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this list! It is like my life's mission to find a perfect planner. I am so extremely fussy and nothing ever seems to suit me perfectly!!
    XO Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVEEEEEEE this post!!! I am so a "To List" girl & one thing I am doing different this year is not just making resolutions but writing out places to try-etc. certain bars, cafes, food places, etc...plus try to go to places I have heard of like certain art museums...etc! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)