January 15, 2013

your love//hate relationship with your blog.

I'm gonna be real here for a minute (fyi - I do this sorta thing sometimes)

If you've spent even two minutes on my blog you can see that I blog about light, fun, creative, happy things! I'm not a professional photographer with good quality photo's of my daily outfit, and I don't know how to make any fancy graphics. I love to blog. It's become something that I look forward to! It inspires me to try new things, to go on adventures and to share things big & small with my readers.

I feel like I am not alone when I say that we have up days and down days when it comes to our blogs. I know I've read similar posts from bloggers saying they felt discouraged when it came to their blog at times. I think it's hard because having a blog can be a lot of work. There are thousands and thousands of them out there, and it takes a lot of hard work to be something different. 

For me, I like to remind myself why I blog, and what this blog actually means to me. I don't want to lose sight of who I am, what I love and what I want my blog to be.

I would love for blogging to become a full time job for me some day. I love doing this enough that it'd be so amazing to make it work, I also know that this is not realistic and happens to few very people. With that being said, I will still work at making this blog something big.

I want this blog to be big because the thought of being able to get my voice and love of life out there inspires me so much! Any person that comments on this blog or sends me an email to say that my positivity and blog have made their day, or inspired them is the biggest reward. I want to make this blog a daily dose of happy! I want to make you smile, brighten your day when it's not going too well and help spread the word that life is great!

I get down some days when I am just feeling kinda sad and don't get any blog comments, or see other blogs growing so big before my eyes. I am happy for them, but sometimes feel like it can't happen to me. I think the best part about blogging is that this really is a little community (it's quite huge actually!) of creative, inspiring beautiful people! I get so stoked on life when I think of all the people I've got the pleasure to meet in real life, have watched grow on their blog, have written letters to, have formed a bond with.

What it comes down to is. DO WHAT YOU LOVE // LOVE WHAT YOU DO!

If blogging becomes something that is burdening you, and something you have to do, maybe it's not what is going to make you happy. Let's not lose sight of this! I think most of us bloggers do it because we really love it. For me, it's not about making it to the point where I am making money and getting free things. It's about writing and sharing things I am passionate about! Little things, big things, happy things, creative things! It's about making someones day, leaving kind words to a fellow blogger, spreading the love, inspiring someone in some little way.

I think writing this post just reminded me again why I do post on here! I doubt myself at times, if I should even bother or if anyone would even care if I just gave this up. I don't feel like I am wasting my time because this is my creative outlet, this is my little explosion of cuteness on the internet! This blog represents who I am and that's something so fun to work on! I can't wait to look back on all of these amazing times and adventures that I have been on and think of how incredibly lucky I am!

I am proud of this blog and myself for keeping up with it for almost 4 years! I hope that you guys feel this way about your blogs. So many of you inspire me every day, so thank you for that! And, if you are someone who who reads this blog once a day, once a week or once a month or EVER then thank you. YOU inspire ME too.

Also, if you actually read this whole post please leave a comment so we can be besties.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week! I am off to make some goals and get inspired! LOVE!

25 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reminder. It is VERY discouraging at times and very time consuming! But I still love it and all the lovely people I've met through it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post :). I think we all feel this way sometimes. I recently started a personal blog (separate from the Dashfield Vintage one) and decided it was going to just be for myself. I wanted somewhere I could record my personal thoughts, loves, my pregnancy, our life on the farm... and I wasn't going to give a damn about whether anybody reads it/ likes it or not. It's a fun project just for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks darlin'! it's so nice to do it for yourself! YOU GO GIRL! your blog is too cute!!! xo

      Delete
  3. I feel you. I think I can relate to pretty much everything you said. I started my blog to express myself creatively and share the things I'm passionate about with others, but there are days where I feel like my blog is insignificant and get discouraged with so many other great bloggers who have been at it for far longer than me. Thanks for writing this post because it reminded me to keep writing even on the days when I feel down! ^^

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! that is the reason to blog for sure! i think we all feel this way at times! but keep on truckin' and i will too! off to check out your blog now!! thanks for your kind words, you're so sweet!!!
      xo

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I blog for a lot of the same reasons: it's my outlet, communication with awesome people and it just plain ol' makes me happy. I think you have a wonderful attitude about it. Whenever a blogger enjoys his/her blog and content, it shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! i just checked out your blog and it's adorable!!! :)
      thanks for the sweet words doll! so wonderful:)
      xo

      Delete
  5. You KNOW I read this whole post but shit, we already ARE besties, haha.

    I love that you decided to post something like this, because like you said, it does happen to everyone at some point or another and it's bound to because we always make comparisons, it's not any fault but human nature, we can't help it. But I like that you made the point of 'Do what you love & love what you do" because that IS all that matters.

    You're doing something great here Julie, and lot's of people (myself included) DO aspire to be like you, and your blog is an inspiring place for them/us/ME! All it boils down to is...

    WWJRD?
    (I'm starting a revolution)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL.
      BESTIESSSSS FOREVERRRRR.

      yes, it so does!! i love you so very much!! thank you so much for being you and always being SO sweet to me! i can't even handle it!

      lololol. WWJRD, i LOVEEEEEE it!!!

      Delete


  6. What bugs me the most about viewing some blogs is that they completely change themselves to get comments. I don't find it that important. There's a whole blogging community. Make friends instead! I think that's a good step towards turning blogging into a full time thing anyway.

    I'm struggling to post things myself so I am focusing on other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i totally know what you mean! i think it's obvious to all of us when this happens. i have met a lot of friends but i think comments is just something to help inspire us to keep going.

      Delete
  7. Love this post! I recently went back and read lots of old posts and laughed remembering the little things. That's why I blog :) Not to mention, I need something to constantly remind me of my 30 before 30 list.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Julie,
    You are an inspiration being so dedicated to your blog and your continuation of posting things that inspire you for so many years. Although I don't blog anymore, I still enjoy reading my favourites and pulling inspiration from them. Thanks for sharing your cute corner with us :)
    a.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALLISON,
      you're so friggin' sweet. thank you so much!!!! :) i wish you still blogged! i loved keeping up to date on your adventures:)
      thank you SO much! you're wonderful and i hope to see you soon!
      xo

      Delete
  9. I love this post !
    I may not be the best blogger but posts like yours make me want to blog to the best I can

    Jenn xo
    www.hello-gutentag.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JENN! thank you!!!! & what an amazing thing to say. this made my day! going to check your blog out now!
      xo

      Delete
  10. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo (for you)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jules!!! You have nothing to worry about! Your blog is Amazing & also you are a cutie with a great outlook on life! I totally feel you! I still have a lot to learn and this year my goal is to be less personal with my own life (At times I'd feel too naked & open within my own writing,) & focus more on fun tips, goals, and women who inspire me! I say Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks babygirl! you're such a gem!!! you are always way too good to me! so proud of you and what your blog has become! you are doing something so amazing!!!!
      thanks again for everything! YOU rule.
      xo

      Delete
  12. This post, and this blog, IS AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWW!!!! thank you, thank you, thank youuuuu!!! so sweet:)

      Delete
  13. Hi! Reading this quite late I'm afraid. I love your blog!! It IS different because your words are lovely to read. Most blogs I "read" I just quickly scan the pictures. But I actually "READ" your blog. :)

    -Jenn V

    ReplyDelete
  14. Honestly, reading your blog ALWAYS turns my frown upside down! It is just so happy and awesome :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)