February 10, 2013

the best tea ever.

mint tea is good!
when i was in holland this past summer, i discovered the most simple yet delicious thing.
fresh mint tea! say what? yeah, let's do this.

pete, my dutch bestie sjarde and i were at the cutest cafe in haarlem (holland), pete and i ordered iced coffee and sjar got mint tea! it came in a beautiful clear mug and it was steaming hot. there were fresh pieces of mint in the glass, with hot water and little packets of honey to pour in!

after i took a sip, i fell in love. i love mint tea in general but had never thought to create it like this! & i am so glad i tried it because i LOVE to make it at home now too. all you have to do is buy a nice big bundle of fresh mint (i like to get mine from the market because it's best) and some honey. 

put the mint in your favourite mug, pour the hot water & then add some honey! then fall in love. it tastes so fresh and delicious. definitely my new fave! enjoy.

14 comments:

  1. Nice! How easy. Just get your own mint plant for your kitchen and you're set! Mint tea is great. Thanks!

    Lesley / bytheporchlight.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i think i am going to do that in the spring!!!:)

      Delete
  2. ah love this! I've been having that a lot here. Not sure if it's a Dutch thing or not, but I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh mint tea... ooh, with a bit of lemon! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea! It's the healthiest drink I have ever known...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled upon your blog and am so glad I did -- it's definitely so positively happy and cute, as your tagline says! A great smile-booster, I'm excited to start reading your delightful posts. Mint tea is such a treat. I wasn't much of a tea person until I moved to Minneapolis a few months ago, and now I drink it almost every night. It's a great, relaxing little ritual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, thank you sooo much!!! aw, this makes me so happy!!!! i will check out your blog as well! it really is relaxing, i love it.

      Delete
  6. Your blog is seriously the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a noob with tea. Not a fan of hot drinks but mint tea was much better than a few others I've tried. Maybe honey will make me like it more :)

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)