April 13, 2013

rainy day smiles.

[ source ]
happy saturday loves! 
it's been a very rainy & gloomy week in toronto. so in honour of that, 
rainy day activities to add sunshine to your day :

1] Listen to CD's! I still love listening to CD's, there is something so different about listening to a full album by an artist rather than your itunes or songza playlist. It's also so fun to listen to a band or artist who you haven't heard in a while. Time to bring back some memories!

2] Go through old photo's and organize them in to albums /labeled boxes. I love going through old photo's that bring make so many great memories. It's also so nice to know where to look when you are looking for a specific photo from a special time in your life.

3] Write someone a letter! When I want to send a surprise letter or card, I usually look through my address book and just select a few people I'd like to send something to. It's something so simple and easy that will make someone so happy :)

4] Have a movie marathon! Pick one of your favourite actors/actresses or genres of movies and watch them all in one day. Annnnnd stay in your jammies too.

5] Drink some delicious tea, and read a wonderful book.

6] Make something delicious! Go through a recipe book, magazine or look online for something fun to bake. I love trying new recipes, it's fun to blog about them after too!

7] Pamper yourself! I always feel way better when I give myself some TLC. Have a bubble bath, do a face mask, paint your nails and give yourself a pedicure. You'll feel so lovely & fresh!

8] Go unplugged! Hide your phone, close your laptop, turn off your TV. Clean your place, read a book, do some laundry, play a board game, do some crafts!, eat a delicious meal.

9] Create a "Bucket List" - I love having a list of things to try! For the past 5 years or so, I've made a list of however many things to do before my birthday. It's so fun to keep a list of things you want to do or try, no matter how big or small!

10] Call an old friend, get some wine, light some candles, have some laughs! :)

2 comments:

  1. this just made me the happiest ever. now going to do all of the things. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list, this put a smile on my face :)
    http://teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)