July 3, 2013

creating the PERFECT day! :)

I'm a firm believer that we are in charge of our own happiness. I am definitely known for being a happy, positive person and when people ask me how and why I am this way, I can't help but think "it's a choice!" And why on earth wouldn't I choose to be happy as much as I possibly can?

I thought about my "perfect" day after Lauren from tastes like love asked me to answer some questions for one of her blog features (can't wait to share this by the way) - After answering this it got me thinking, this is something I'd like to share with my readers (if there are any of you out there!)

So, how can you create the perfect day you ask? Here are a few tips :
  • A little prep work the night before. I am personally way happier in the morning when I have done the things I need to do to be ready for the day. So, my main two things I like to do the night before are 1) Make my lunch! & 2) Pick my outfit out for the next day!
  • Wake up a bit earlier than expected! Give yourself some extra time to actually sit down and enjoy your morning coffee or breakfast or whatever it may be.
  • Listen to your favourite tunes to start your day! I always listen to music in the morning. Not only does it wake me up, but it gets me in a good mood (not to mention dancing in the morning)
  • Smile at strangers. Where ever you may be off to, the chances are you are going to be walking by tons of people to get there. If this is the case, don't be afraid to smile! I love the feeling of getting a little smile from the stranger when I walk by them in the morning. They will love it too.
  • Treat yourself to a coffee or tea! I have been on a bit of a cleanse the last few weeks and the one thing I still treat myself to is my morning coffee. It makes me so happy, so why not right?
  • Send someone a text or email to say "Have a great day" or "I miss you" -- by the time you check your phone again, chances are they will of sent something back that will cheer you up.
  • Create goals or to-do-lists that will make you feel organized, on track and excited about the days to come!
  • Use a planner//calender//your phone to keep track of important dates and events so that you can "do it all" and plan your schedule accordingly
  • Drink lots of water! I drink water with lemon in it all day long, it's the best.
  • Focus on the positive. Sure, we all have bad days. Something might go wrong, things are just piling up. But the main thing is, remember that you are in charge of making things right again! 
  • Stay positive, keep in touch, smile, laugh, hug, create. Do the things that make you the happiest. It really is the most simple thing! :)

I hope you're all doing amazing, and that you create many perfect days ahead. You're wonderful.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This is a great list... and I have to agree... they work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Julie! This is such a great list. And all of the things on it really do help! Especially lemon water, yum!
    Thanks for brightening up my day! ;)

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)