Oh hello. So today, is apparently what they call "Blue Monday" which they consider the most depressing day of the year. Why do we even acknowledge something so horrible you ask? I don't know either!
So after reading today's headlines in newspapers and online, I thought this seems like a wonderful blog post for me to work on! Here are 20 things to make your day the opposite of blue!
20 things to do for a not-so-blue Monday!
- Buy some beautiful&bright flowers (I did this today too!)
- Wear red lipstick! (and this)
- Dress in colours that remind you of Summer!
- Listen to THIS SONG! (and this)
- Get creative and make something
- Pick up the phone and call an old friend for a good chat :)
- Have a glass of wine and have a bubble bath.
- Look at photo's of the beach and daydream that you're there right now! (& this! Thailannnnd)
9. Send a surprise letter in the mail
- 10. Watch THIS VIDEO
- 11. Call your Grandpa & Grandma
- 12. Watch one of these movies - clueless, now&then, dazed&confused, pretty in pink
- 13. Read some old cards and love letters
- 14. BEE POSITIVE!!!!!!
15. Plan your next big trip and/or adventure!
16. Leave some secret compliments around your workplace or house (I found one today! best.)
17. Plan a themed party! When are these not a good idea?
18. Make yourself a fancy drink & cosy up. Mojito time?
20. Bake something delicious! Why not make them blue? In yo face "blue monday!"
Here's to a colourful & happy end to January!