March 26, 2014

Why you shouldn't be jealous of "perfect" people on the internet.

(from here.)

Lately, I have been going through yet another phase where I question whether or not I want to keep up with this blog. I try not to constantly have the same argument with myself but I think that's just life. I realize it's normal to question why you do things that happen really often (which for me, is blogging)

I think a big part of it for me is that sometimes I feel like I am writing all these things down for nobody to really read. It's like a really sad diary entry (hahaha) and I often come to my blog to see that no one has commented on a post that I thought was just perfect for my blog.

I suppose the good thing is that every time this happens I end up with the same end result. That being, I enjoy blogging. Even if nobody was reading this blog, I like documenting the exciting things that happen in my life. I never seem to be able to keep up with a journal or anything and to me, a blog is a way to keep track of all of my adventures.

Some days I look back at past posts and see how I've changed over the years, and also how proud I am of all I've accomplished. I feel beyond happy with my life. I've travelled so much, I've been with my amazing boyfriend for almost 6 years (omg) and I couldn't be happier with our relationship, I have an extremely fulfilling job that I love going to every day, I have incredible and close relationships with my family, and I live my life exactly how I want to, in a positive way.

I do think it's hard not to get caught up in this whole blogging world and compare yourselves to other bloggers who you read about, and try to be as "successful" or popular as them. I've also come to realize (hence the photo above) that people's lives aren't always as perfect as they make them seem. Anyone can create an account on instagram that gives people the idea that they live the most perfect life. I am proud to say that I truly think that my blog, instagram and all social media outlets really reflect exactly how I am IRL.

I am excited to blog some really awesome things, and really appreciate anyone who chooses to read what I write about! I want to continue to grow as a blogger, writer and woman and hope to inspire people along the way.

Let's not forget why we blog and what it actually means to us. For me it helps to express myself, share ideas, spread happiness and positivity, and inspires me to DO MORE! Go on more adventures, plan more trips, see more things and document the best and most exciting things in life.

I feel so lucky!
Life is good, and you can bet your sweet ass that I am going to blog about it.

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this, and know exactly what you're talking about! Just gotta keep doing it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh excellent post! Love!

    This is one of the reasons I stopped fashion blogging! I found myself constantly comparing my wardrobe, my style, my 'look', to others and wishing I could look like that instead - uhm. That is so not me, but I got to that point somehow!

    For me blogging is akin to reading magazines - it can be so entertaining and thought provoking to read what's on others' minds and what they like! Except it's also better than a magazine, because I can actually befriend and interact with those writing. Lately I've been feeling happy to get just one comment from a bloggy friend, instead of a bunch of comments from bloggers who are strangers to me! Which is a nice feeling of community, even if it's a small one for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found ths post from Sincerely, Cam's latest links, and you really hit the nail on the head! I'm always struggling with writing when no one seems to be reading, and if they are theyre not commenting, but I love writing and blogging. Obviously to spend so much time on something you want a little more gratification from other people than yourself. Comparison is also something I always struggle with, but I feel like every week I get more and more proud of my writing, designing and my life in general. Stick with it for your own gratification first and others' second and you'll find happiness I think! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Emma
    emmabauso.com

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)