April 23, 2015

for the love of blogging ; part one! toni from lemon freckles

Oh hello there, how are you doing on this fine Wednesday? We're almost there!

I am beyond excited to introduce to you a new series I will be doing called "for the love of blogging" where I will feature a new blogger each time who will share their love and tips on blogging! I decide to start this because I personally love hearing from other bloggers about why they blog, what works for them and any inspiration or advice they might have. I often feel like I need a little push and a reason to keep blogging when I feel like nobody cares or is reading my blog.

Toni from Lemon Freckles is a breath of (adorable) fresh air. I first discovered her blog & instagram a few months ago and was instantly hooked. After reaching out to Toni, we've become internet pals and even pen pals too. Her blog and Instagram bring so much colour, cuteness and happy vibes in to the world, so do yourself a favour now and get on board the cute train.
Instagram: @Lemon_Freckles
Twitter: @Lemon_Freckles
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging around ten years ago as a bit of a outlet for my thoughts, back then I went under another blog name and my blog was mostly teenage angst, I am pretty sure I was the only person who read it. About three or so years ago Lemon Freckles was born out of me needing a creative outlet, a place I could fill with things I love and a hope to inspire others to explore their own creative sides.

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

At this point I would love to say it was some incredible moment, like a light bulb in my head just went off but I would be lying. I came up with Lemon Freckles one night with my husband (my then boyfriend), we wrote down everything we could see in our apartment one night (which included a lemon) and combined those things with a long list of random words. Lemon Freckles stood out the most, it stuck and Lemon Freckles was born.


What blogs/websites inspire you?
This is always a tough question to answer because I think there are so many and also I think my answer changes a lot as time goes by. I think currently, the blogs that I tend to continually go back to would be; Nerd Burger, Modern Girl Blitz, The Dainty Squid and Creature Type. 


How do you come up with creative blog content?
I try not to go online for inspiration, which i’m sure is a little odd being a blogger but I think sometimes just going out and living your life can be the most inspiring thing. Finding your own passions, the thing that makes your heart race, choosing to live that and then share it with the world. From a My Little Pony obsession to someone who just loves shopping, as long as you can read passion in the text, you’re on to a winner. Or at least that is what I think.



How do you stay organized when it comes to your blog and planning posts?
So i’ve tried different methods over the years but what I find works best for me, is just including the blog stuff in my everyday daily diary. I always make sure I have at least three posts scheduled ahead and I have my posts scheduled in my diary when they are going to go live. I set time for myself to write posts and take photos in the diary as well. I treat it like I would any job.



Where do you like to blog? 

At my desk area. I’ve surrounded it with things that inspire me/I find super cute! I have a shelf dedicate to my My Little Pony collection, as well as a couple more shelves that I like to just pack with cuteness. I like to work in busy environments, lots of eye candy around! 

Do you ever feel discouraged when it comes to blogging? If so, what motivates you to keep going?
Of course! It can be a bit of a roller coaster at times the blogging world. One moment you think you’ve got it all figured out and the next something happens that really knocks your confidence. I like to remind myself that this is my own personal little space when I feel demotivated because nothing can bring on the cursed blogger’s block more then the pressure you put on yourself to put a post up. So what if it goes a few days without a post, I say quality over quantity any day.

What advice do you have for new bloggers just starting out?
Be humble. It is easy to get swept away in this blogging world and exciting! No matter where it takes you, keep everything in perspective.

Do you have any tips on how to get your blog post noticed? What social media sites do you use most often to make this happen?
I’m a big fan of Instagram! I’ve got a lot of work from there and it is what brings in my most about hits, although I will be honest and say I haven’t really tried hard on any other social media. I don’t have a Facebook, I use Pinterest to find as much cuteness as possible and although i’ve been on Twitter for years, i’ve actually only just started tweeting. 


What 3 words best describe your blog?
A quirky, colourful, jumble sale. (I realise i’ve cheated there and used more than three, naughty me)

What is your favourite part of blogging?
Meeting new people. It has opesned up a whole new world to me and that includes new friendships. I’ve been lucky enough to meet so wonderful people because of blogging and it has even opened a few job opportunities to. The people are without a doubt my favourite part of blogging.
& just for fun...

What is your favourite song right now?

i’ve had ‘ You Make My Dreams’ by Daryl Hall and John Oates on repeat a lot this week. Great song to wake up to!



What destination is number 1 on your travel bucket list?

I’m really wanting to see some more of the UK at the moment. I feel like there is still so much to explore that I haven’t seen and i’m dying to go back to Disneyland Paris, it has been too long.


What are you most looking forward to right now?
I’ve got a new tattoo booked next week, which is based on the Miss Priss Teapot, i’m pretty excited about that. After that i’m looking forward to finishing my final project for my course, i’m in the middle of creating a Girl Gang zine and I just can't wait to see that come to completion.

1 comment:

  1. Ow Jules...you my lovely are the absolute Queen of cuteness! Thank you so much for involving me in this, i'm looking forward to following this series so much! Every so often a push is without a doubt needed in blogging, I without a doubt have days when I think I am the only one who reads my blog. But thank goodness for lovely encouraging bloggers like you. xx

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)