October 26, 2015

30 Day Etsy Challenge Update

Happy Monday, Babes! ♥ 

So just like that another week came and went, and is it just me or is time literally flying by? I cannot believe that October is almost over! This is insane. Yesterday was 2 months until Christmas (omfg) and this Wednesday will make it seven months until Pete and I get married! (omfggg x 2)

Also, we are already about half way through the 30 Day Etsy Challenge which is both amazing and terrifying. If you aren't up to speed on the challenge, I will give you the quick run down! - I am hosting a 30 day challenge to open my own Etsy shop! The challenge is open up to anyone who has ever wanted to open their own shop. We offer advice, support and good vibes to everyone taking the challenge, and so far it's been both educational and inspirational.

I just thought I would share a bit about where I am now when it comes to the challenge

challenges:
- Time is a big one for me right now. Between my full time job, planning a wedding, general life things and of course the jays being in the playoffs (the past few weeks) it has been hard to set aside some serious time to get some work done. This is something I will be working on in the next few weeks for sure
- Finalizing Products is obviously one of the biggest tasks and just thinking about it scares me. I want to make sure I have enough listings up to actually launch my shop in a few weeks so that is something I need to crush this week.

accomplishments:
- Instagram account for my @cutebyjules shop - I've been getting in the habit of posting more often on my Etsy/Craft account and really focusing on keeping things clean, crisp, cute and of course, on brand! I also recently made the decision to change my Instagram name to match my blog name and to keep things consistent (new name is @heyjulesxo)
- Defining my brand a bit more over the past few weeks, taking new photo's, working on some new ideas for the shop and new hand written quotes and sayings to practice. The one thing I have left to do is a "cute by jules" mantra

goals:
- Unplug, this week I really need to spend a few hours getting organized, brainstorming, crafting and creating. It's so easy to constantly be distracted by your phone, computer, facebook, blogs, instragram etc. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we really stay focused and dedicate some time to creating something special without being plugged in.
- Research some more stuff when it comes to having a working, updated Etsy shop. Spend some more time on the site to get to know other shops, think more about finalizing my own shop, and read useful blog posts etc on branding, shops etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)