Hello! + Happy Sunday! + Happy Easter!
It's been such an amazing and relaxing weekend. I am feeling happy and refreshed and smiley on this (chilly) Easter Sunday. Yesterday I decided to make some Easter treats that I saw on the cover of my Martha Stewart Living magazine -They are perfectly cute and delicious and easy as pie to make!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 pkg (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut (fyi - this is 2 bags, 400 grams for my canadian bakers out there!)
- mini eggs (make sure you hide from your boyfriend/hubby)
- 4 large egg whites
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon of course salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together whites and salt with a fork; mix in coconut. Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture into each prepared tin.
- Lightly press mixture into bottom and up sides of each cup. Bake until light golden on top, 28 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool in tins on a wire rack 10 minutes, then run a thin metal spatula around sides to loosen. Lift out of cups; let cool completely.
Here's how these little cuties turned out! Oh they are just too adorable, and look even better on this beautiful vintage plate that Pete's Mom gave to me. They belonged to Pete's Nana and they are SO lovely and the most amazing colour.