October 14, 2015

5 reasons to open your own etsy shop

Happy Wednesday! ♥

So, yesterday was the first official day of the 30 Day Etsy Challenge that I am hosting with Etsy! ♥ - I am beyond excited to get started and am planning on having some serious creative time this weekend to think about my shop and play around with some fun ideas + inspiration

CHALLENGE YOURSELF //
This is a huge one for me. I love trying new things because I love challenging myself, and exploring something new. If you follow my blog or instagram then you know that I am very much goal oriented. I love setting goals and bucket lists for myself and always trying to accomplish awesome stuff. Think outside the box, challenge yourself to do something you've thought about doing for a while and thought was not possible. Learn something new every day!

GET CREATIVE //
I've always considered myself a creative type person. Inspiration is all around me. I've always felt like someone who stood out and did things different than other people, even from a young age and especially growing up and in High School. Being creative allows us to have passion and excitement for something we love. Maybe you are not able to be creative at your day job or in your regular day, so use opening a shop as your creative outlet to change things up! Create an inspiration board in your room, online or in a notebook! Write all your wonderful ideas down, always (no matter how small)

TRY SOMETHING NEW //
I am a firm believer in always learning and trying new things. Even as adults I think we sometimes forget that even though we may be done school, it's never too late to learn or try something new. Maybe you're in a slump and feeling kind of bored? Why not try something new like opening and managing your own shop? This is especially awesome if you ever dreamt about being your own boss. Hey, we all need to start somewhere, don't we?

MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY // 
I realize that when your first start out, it may seem like you're spending money rather than making it. I think if you're willing to accept that you may need to invest time and money in to your shop at the beginning, that with the right attitude, business plan, and will to succeed your shop could become very successful! Making some extra dough on the side is never a bad idea right? I am thinking about how nice it would be to be making some extra cash right now while planning our dream #whishwedding

CONNECT WITH AWESOME PEOPLE //
This could not be more true! In the last month, since starting this journey with Etsy I have already met so many awesome and inspiring people. I love talking to other creatives, hearing how they got started, reading their posts, seeing their products come to life and learning from them. Just like on other social media platforms, Etsy creates the opportunity to get to know, connect with and meet fellow sellers. They've got platforms on the website that connect you with other sellers with similar goals and interests, and connecting with them on all social media platforms only introduces you to more and more amazing people/artists. Keep an open mind

I guess what I am trying to say is - Why not make it happen? I am beyond thrilled to be a part of the Etsy Challenge and hope anyone else who has ever thought about doing this is all over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)