HAPPY s u n d a y ♥
Hope you guys had a marvellous weekend! Ours was absolutely wonderful. I spent all day yesterday with my best girls! For the past year we've been making it a priority to have a girls night once a month and it's been so amazing. These girls have been my world for as long as I can remember, some for 25 girls, some for 15! We had lots of drinks, looked through old photo's, giggled, cuddled, painted our nails and I loved every second. Today we spent the day with my family and celebrated my Grandpa's 94th birthday! (omg, I know right?) We just had my brother & his boyfriend Mikey over for wine & nachos for the Superbowl (half time show)
So, I gotta tell you - this winter has been really weird. Toronto normally has such a freezing cold winter. And to be honest, it generally feels like it lasts FOREVER. This year has been different, we've had very few really cold days, and we've been breaking past records for warm days at this time of year. This past week the weather has been so nice - you forget how lovely it is to feel the sun shine on your face! It feels like Spring! Even though we still have a few more months to go, this weather has made me excited.
I feel like Spring is almost here! That feeling makes me want to re-group, get organized and most of all, clean our place! Spring will be here in no time, so for now here are five things you can do around your home to feel ready for a new season, like you've cleaned and organized your life and that you are reading to bring on some seriously good vibes.
1. Clean your closet! Oh, where do you even start? I recently read an article in Chatelaine that said you need at least four hours in order to tackle a big project like cleaning your closet. This makes so much sense of course. I often feel overwhelmed right from the start because it's a big project, but setting aside some serious time to get the job done is a deal breaker! Pete spend the day cleaning ours yesterday (I still have lots of work to do!) but it already looks so much better, and it always feels good to get rid of things you don't need.
2. Fill your home with fresh flowers & plants! Well, this is something I like to do all year long to be honest. This time of year even more so though! As soon as the days get a bit longer and the weekends are filled with more sunshine, I automatically want to fill our home with beautiful fresh flowers and plants. I have a bunch of spots around our place where I find really lovely and inexpensive plants and flowers. This is such a great way to treat yourself too (and even better for when you're hosting friends over, keeps your place looking so great & fresh!)
3. Purge your makeup & toiletries! Well, it doesn't take long for those baskets under the sink to get filled with products and make up and things that went on sale for too good of a deal to pass up. I admit it, I am totally guilty of this! It always feels great to go through this stuff, keep what you'll use and either donate and throw out things you won't use. I've wanted to do this for a while but, I love the idea of getting together with a bunch of friends and asking everyone to bring un-used or gently used makeup and products they don't want/need and trading with each other. Let's plan one of these!
4. Make a list of books to read! I have so many good books right now and so little time. Over the past few years I've bought or got great books as gifts but am not always the best at finding the time to read them. I'm looking forward to taking a look through old books I've got and making a pile of them to read this Spring/Summer. I've got at least five than I am dying to get through. If you don't have any lying around, borrow one from a friend or make a list of ones you'd like to read and buy them or borrow them from the library.
5. Stock the fridge with fruits & veggies! This is something we are always trying to do but even more so now. Pete has been making us fresh smoothies for breakfast every morning and it has been so great. We're trying to plan more meals with veggies and pack healthy lunches for work. Also, use up everything that we buy at the grocery store! Fruits & veggies for the win.
February is an insanely busy month for us, but I am totally looking forward to making all of these things happen in the next few months? What makes you excited about Spring?
Here are a few snaps from our place at this time of year...