September 18, 2016

happiness hacks!

Oh, hi you guys!
Oh my goodness. This past week & weekend has been a whirl wind. I could not be happier to be snuggled up on the couch with my hubs watching the Emmy's right now. I really need to take some time this week to relax and get some things done, because next weekend is going to be literally insane(ly) busy & amazing.

As you probably know by now, I am really in to happiness. I always love to share little snippets of happy on all social media outlets. I thought it would be fun to share a few of my own "happiness hacks"

- For a good nights sleep, put some lavender on your pillow before going to bed. Pete and I are so in to this. Also, we've decided that listening to a podcast before bed is legit the most amazing, zen way to fall asleep. (we're obsessed with serial btw)

- Have a "no plans" day every week! Ugh, I don't always take my own advice on this one but in most cases Monday is always my day to not make plans. This ensures that Pete and I have time together, can make a nice dinner and also that I can have an extra day to catch up and get stuff done after the weekend. This is also normally grocery/meal prep day and it's so needed.

- Always have something look forward to. I always love being able to look forward to at least one thing in the coming weeks/month that I am really excited about. This can be a dinner date, a plan for a night out or in with friends. I am generally one to plan ahead of time to ensure I can spend time with everyone and celebrate :)

- Pick out your outfit the night before. A shitty morning this week reminded me of this hack. If I am scrounging around in the morning looking for something to wear I often doubt my choice and keep changing and stressing out (yes, even for work) but if I take 5-10 minutes to get organized the night before and have everything ready for the next morning it makes my morning SO much happier!

- Keep a paper planner. Call me old fashioned but I love to still keep a paper planner/agenda to keep track of my life and exciting plans. I love having the visual of each week or month and see what is coming up/remember little things that are happening. Also, I just feel like I already spend too much time on my phone so this is an excuse to look at something on paper.

- Stock up on things on sale! This one can be tough for us because we don't have a very big place, but I always love to stock up on things we use often when they go on sale. This eliminates the stress of running out of something and having to hustle out to grab it. I am also a big fan of sales (I secretly love watching extreme couponers haha)

- Have a basket of party supplies on hand. Cards for all occasions, tissue paper, gift bags, ribbon, tags etc. I love having lots of go-to cute gift wrap and goodies on hand for little birthday gifts, house warming parties, goodbye gifts or a little "just because" surprise

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)