August 1, 2017

the anatomy of a cool dresser (stylin' tips!)

♥ H E L L O    A U G U S T ♥ 
Ummm, can we just talk about the fact that July is some how over and Summer is going to be gone before we know it? I can't believe it. So much to do, and so little time. 

And yet again, here we are two weeks since my last post! (not horrible, but not ideal!) I am super excited to share this post today because it's totally my jam. 

Pete and I have been on the hunt of some things for our bedroom, because it's probably the one room that's not quite done yet in our house. We've been dreaming of a mid century modern dresser and we finally found the perfect one! This dreamy babe is the perfect addition to our room, and I could not wait to get my hands on it to style it and brand it "Pete & Jules"

I've always loved decor and styling things to make them look pretty. I often switch up the little shelves and areas in our home to freshen them up and display our favourite things. This dresser was a nice, big blank canvas for me!

You will get the idea as to my thought process behind this when you see the photo's, but here are some of my favourite things to use on a dresser or shelf to display them! books, candles, trays, picture frames, matches, cameras, plants, flowers, jewellery, dishes, knick knacks, vintage pieces, magazines,  plates, dried flowers etc. I always like to switch things up every few months, depending on the season too! Here is our first draft of our new dresser. I hope you enjoy! (PS- Hi Looch! Love you!)
before:
after:

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)