June 4, 2018

you can do anything, but you can't do everything.

Look, it's me bloggin' for the second time this week! No big deaaaaaal.

This is a post I've been thinking of writing for a while. I think this is something that has been especially present in my life this year too. As you may of gathered, I tend to be the type of person who has a lot on the go at any given time.

I have an amazing full time job (that I absolutely love and am so passionate about), a wonderful husband, a home, a family who I love so dear, lots of incredible friends, this blog!, a side hustle doing day-of wedding coordinating, and a bunch of little things in between.

My days are jam packed, my calendar is pre-booked, my evenings and weekends are filled with fun and exciting things and sometime chill things too. I curate a life filled with the things I love, work for and am passionate about.

However, this year I've realized the importance of making time to relax, taking time to literally do nothing, and that it's okay to say no to things. To plans, to events, to parties, to side jobs, to influencer type campaigns. I tend to take on things that I don't have time for, and can overwhelm myself to the point that I am just exhausted.

I've realized that self care isn't just about mani's, pedi's, bubble baths and face masks. It's about knowing it's okay to take some time for yourself. It's okay to sleep in, stay in your pjs, wait a few days to fold that laundry, use some extra dry shampoo, watch murder shows on netflix and take a few days to respond to that email.

I'm learning every day how to do what's right for me, my time and my mental health. I've had to say no to multiple weddings because it was just too much and I'm stretched too thin. I've learned to say no to blog or instagram campaigns that don't feel authentic to me or my brand. I've graciously said thanks but no thanks to people who have reached out to me to learn more about my role at work and want to chat more over a call or coffee.

I'm in no means perfect when it comes to responding to emails and messages, making time for everything and crushing everything off what seems to be a never ending to do list. But, dammit I try hard and I am always learning and trying to do bigger and better things!

I guess the moral of the story is based around this quote that has popped up in my life lately which is "you can do anything, but you can't do everything" and baby it's truuuuue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)