May 21, 2015

Our adventure - Edinburgh (part one)

So now that we have been back for a week and a half and getting back on track with life, I am excited to share some details of our trip with you all!

Pete and I were so excited about planning our next adventure as it was our first big trip in 2 years.  We've always wanted to go to Scotland and Ireland and we've now crossed both of these beautiful places off of our list!

We started our trip in Edinburgh, Scotland. I didn't know what to expect but I had heard that it was a beautiful city. That is an under statement! It's honestly, an incredible city and both Pete and I fell in love with it right away.

As soon as we got to the airport in Edinburgh we encountered a lovely man who helped us get tickets on a tram towards our hotel. We stayed at the Crown Plaza and it was lovely and very central and close to so many amazing spots.

Edinburgh is so visually pleasing! It's absolutely incredible to look at, and I think that is one thing that really shocked and excited me about this place. EVERYTHING looks so pretty and picture-esque. I definitely took a lot of photo's here, and it helped that we had such lovely sunny days while we were there.

The cobble stone streets are cute as can be and every building has such character. One thing I will say about this city, is that it's a good work out! There were a lot of hills during our walk so we were feeling that while exploring the few days we were there. 

Our first night there we went to have one of the most DELICIOUS meals everrrrr, at a place called "The World's End"  - Pete had their award winning fish & chips and I had a steak & ale pie that I will literally DREAM about for years to come. This was also our first meal in a day and a half so I think that helped.

We did some serious exploring and here are a few highlights ; this Christmas shop that I checked out, as I entered the employee yelled "Merry Christmas" to me! Best ever, sitting outside in the sun at a little cafe with my main squeeze, admiring the most INCREDIBLE view a top of the city, right outside Edinburgh Castle. 

Here are a few photo's from our adventures in Edinburgh, I will post more in another post soon! ♥ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)