June 23, 2015

Why You Should Keep Blogging

Why You Should Keep Blogging...
Oh hello there. Hope you're having a great week so far! I've wanted to write this post for a while and I think I am writing it now to kind of convince myself, and practice what I preach.

I have good days and bad days when it comes to blogging. One week I am so inspired and excited about my blog, ready to take on new projects, connect with fellow bloggers, and spend time to create killer posts. And some weeks I feel let down, frustrated and like I have no ideas or drive to keep posting. I think this is something a lot of bloggers struggle with because it can be really hard at times. 

I've been blogging for over 5 years now and it's always been something I've really loved to do. I think the hardest part is trying to constantly stand out, create new and different content, and hope that people will come back to read more. No matter what it doesn't feel good to think that nobody is reading or commenting and it makes is tough to keep on going.

Last August I re-branded my blog from The Life Of a Cupcake to Hey Jules. I knew if I was going to keep blogging I needed to make some changes and help define my brand and blog to represent who I truly am. I am happy with what I've created here, and I really try to be better  every day.

So, why keep blogging? Well, I will tell you why I am going to keep on going..

Blogging brings out my creative side, I go on adventures so I can share them on my blog, I share my favourite parts about my favourite city, I document some of the most amazing and special times of my life, I do more crafts so that I can share a DIY, I've made some awesome friends online who then become my pen pals, I get to look back at my life and reflect of some of the most wonderful memories. 

I need to remind myself that this blog is for me and I post here because I want to and because I enjoy it. I am never going to have a million followers or quit my job to become a blogger, but if I am lucky enough to influence anyone in a positive way then I am beyond happy with what i'm doing. This post is a reminder to me to not give up. I hope if you're doubting yourself and your blog then you will feel the same way after reading this!

I always want to be learning. I want to grow my blog, I want to make a difference, I want to focus on the positive things in life, I want to make connections with awesome bloggers, I want to work with brands that I love, I want to share my travel adventures, I want to blog because it's what I truly love to do. So, HOORAY! Badass Blogger Babe now in full effect.

Why do you blog, and why do you think you should keep blogging?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog and will keep reading every word! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw wow, thank you so much lauren! that means a lot!!! :)
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. I also love your blog and read every post! Your positivity radiates and always makes me smile xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww YAY you are the best! thank you so much that is the sweetest ever. ah! i will def keep posting and thank you for your kind words, always
      xoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Ahhh this is so true! I really need to blog again even if just for me. I really enjoy reading your posts. Instagram just isn't the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you do! honestly! it's awesome, and thanks so much love! yeah i love instagram but i will like to do both, it's definitely not the same!!
      xoxo

      Delete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)