September 1, 2017

oh hello, september!

Well, would you look at that? All the sudden Summer is basically over and we're saying hello to September. What? How?! For realz?!

Even though I absolutely positively LOVE fall, I am still sad to see Summer go. It's been a really really busy & awesome one! It also seems like it was gone in a flash. I feel like we did so much and such a great variety of stuff. 

Labour day weekend is upon us and want to know why I'm extra excited? We're finally going to RELAX & spend some time at home in our city! We've had so many cottage weekends and plans outside the city that we haven't got to spend much time in Toronto this Summer. It's also been so crazy busy with work and other things that Pete and I haven't been able to spend much time together - so I am extra happy to spend time with him.

So, now let's talk about September. Definitely one of my favourrrite months of the year. Here are five reasons why I love September, and why you should too! 

September is like January 2.0. It's a great excuse for a fresh start, and a time to make some happy, and exciting changes, make some goals and get on track. I've always looked at September in this way even after being done school. I love that feeling of a new season, a fresh start and an excuse to get on track, make lots of lists and have things to look forward to.

HYGGE! (hoo-ga) If you don't know about hygge yet, read my blog post about it and get researchinghhg. As the weather changes and it gets cooler out, I love the feeling of getting cosy, lighting candles, unplugging, spending time with family and friends and just enjoying every moment big & small that life has to offer.

I love Summer but I find it can be overwhelming with all that's going on. Not only were our weekends booked up with fun plans and events, but more often that not, during the week we had plans as well! As things wind down, I am beyond excited to be able to spend more time to relax (even if that means just during the week) This is something I am always working on and trying to make sure I am making time for.

If you haven't noticed, all planners start in August/September which not only means it's time for a cute new planner (lol), but also it's time to get organized and start filling in special dates and things that will be happening in coming months. I love the feeling of putting all important dates in my planner & calendar and getting on track for fall and dare I say it....the holidays!

Now that we've got our own home, I have to remind myself to enjoy it! Summer is filled with park hangs, patios, the beach, cottages and everywhere in-between. September & fall is the perfect time to enjoy cosy nights at home. Looking forward to cooking meals together (seems like it hasn't happened in forever!), cleaning and organizing our home, chillin' with my hubby, enjoying our patio and just enjoying the cosiness of our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)