August 24, 2014

announcing ; my NEW blog name!

Happy Sunday, Beautiful!
Today I am beyond excited to share with you my NEW blog name! ;

So, as you may or may not know - I've been saying for the past 6 months or so that I am ready to start a new (and exciting chapter) and re-name/re-brand my blog. It's crazy to think that I started blogging over 6 years ago! It started over a chat about blogging with my brother and my sister-in-law during a Christmas gathering, and before I knew it...I was sold! 

When thinking of a name for my blog, it wasn't something that took weeks or months to create. At the time "The Life Of a Cupcake" was so perfect for me. I was really starting to do my little cupcake business on the side (cupcakes made with love) and a cupcake was something that everyone associated with me! Not just baking them, but just everything and anything with a cupcake on it! And although cupcakes will always have a special place in my heart, I feel like I've grown out of this blog name and want to have some inspiration so start fresh with this little blog here.

The past few months have been really busy and since I knew I was ready for a change on this blog, I really haven't been committed to keeping it updated. But today I am VERY excited to share with you my new blog name & vision and I could not be more excited about it all!

Over the last few months I've been really thinking of a new name. I've made several lists (obvs) with blog name ideas, and I've really thought about what name would be best! About a month ago on the way home from our cabin, my boyfriend Pete, my brother Dave and his boyfriend Mikey spent the whole ride home thinking of ideas for a name! We came up with some of the cutest, silliest names ever and some I were convinced were just perfect. But, Pete said one that really stuck with me...it was simple, it was cute, and it had my name on it (so like, duh!)

Hey Jules was the one. It's simple and fun and it's something that will always be relevant because it's my name. We all got excited about it and felt it was perfect! The idea kind of came from the song "Hey Jude" which is by none other than my favourite band of all time - The Beatles! "Hey Jules' is actually the original name of "Hey Jude" because Paul wrote it for Julian Lennon, John's son when his parents split up.  Cuuuuute!

So, I just wanted to tell you guys what's up! I am over -the-moon excited that the lovely Lauren (lauren by design) will be designing my blog, and she did this current one which I absolutely adore.

 I can't wait for this new adventure! I hope you'll join me!
XO
Jules


1 comment:

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)