I am still feeling so driven after Saturday, and I have so many ideas that my head my explode. When we arrived at the conference we got a cute-as-can-be notebook from Minted for the day. I literally almost filled the whole book up!
I realized that since I have A LOT of notes, I will make this in to a two part series to make sure I let you all know just how much awesome stuff I learned. Let's be blogger besties.
Making your blog reflect YOU! :
- Your blog is free branding. Make sure your blog symbolizes who you are!
- Utilize the things you love and marry that to your blog
- Ditch your pride / Take risks / Believe in yourself / Trust others / Become a better you
- Write a mantra for your blog! (I am so excited to do this)
- Use Facebook groups to connect and network and share
- "Focus on your content and the rest will take care of itself"
- You are what you blog!
When it comes to photography on your blog :
- If you take a photo of something that's pretty, you have way better chance of success (photograph it well and right!)
- Have a consistent style when it comes to photo taking
- Use props to tell your story
- Make sure the hero in the photo is obvious
- Define a colour palette and keep your colour consistent
- Natural light is always best
- Build your own brand
- Make a style guide for your blog ; create a mood board, make your look, decide on your colours and style, do search (whose work do you love?)
- Light can make or break your photo
- Choose small props
- Buy a ruler, and use it!
Bloggers & Brands :
- Keep your pitch short (about one page)
- Network with other bloggers
- Make a list of bloggers and brands you want to work with
- NBB - Never Be Boring
- Create a facebook page for your brand
- Use LinkedIn to connect with brands
- Make sure your pitch looks pretty
- Always leave a personal note when contacting a blogger or brand
- Think of yourself as the reader as well as the writer
- Always ask yourself "Would I read this?"
- No matter what, always hit "preview" and check for errors or typos before posting
- Create shareable, well written content
- Don't just tweet links - be active and build engagement