November 20, 2014

Casamigos Blogger Event at Soho House

Happy (almost) Friday!

On Monday night I fell in love, with a little something called Tequila! Yeah, you heard me. It's my new thing. 

I was chosen as one of five bloggers to attend a private event at Soho House in Toronto on Monday night for Casamigos Tequila. It was a freezing cold, gloomy night and my day was quite Monday-ish if I must say. I arrived at the beautiful Soho House and headed to the top floor to a beautifully lit, cosy spot where we got the real Tequila experience. 
I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Rande Gerber and Michael Meldman who are two of the three creators of Casamigos. Who is the third you ask? Well you may of heard of him, his name is George Clooney.

Rande and Mike were such genuinely nice guys who truly care about their product. Since I have a lot of love for entrepenuers, I was instantly excited and engaged to hear them talk about how they got here and how Casamigos became what it is today. It's obvious these guys (who are also besties) care about each other, and of course...about creating the most delicious tequila out there.

We sipped Tequila on the rocks, and also had it in what may very well be the best cocktail that's ever graced my lips! I got to try the Blanco and Reposado. Rande told us about how much time and energy went in to creating the three Casamigos Tequila's. They originally wanted to create the drink for themselves to enjoy, until realizing it could be something so much more.

Casamigos is named after George and Rande's homes in Mexico, which means "House Of Friends" which I absolutely love. #HouseOfFriends // Rande and Mike were talking about George's wedding in Italy and how they brought 100 cases of Casamigos to drink for the three day celebration! Sounds like a pretty amazing time to me.

What sets Casamigos apart from other Tequila's? “Casamigos Reposado is smooth and clean with hints of caramel, while Casamigos Blanco is crisp and clear, with subtle hints of vanilla and a smooth finish. Both are great served neat or on the rocks, and are the perfect base for premium cocktails,” says Gerber. Before going into the bottle, each batch is tasted and approved by our master distiller, as well as Gerber and Clooney, to ensure the highest quality. Each batch is then numbered and signed by Gerber and Clooney. Casamigos’ authentic minimalist design reflects the men who created it." 
Above photo's c/o ASPR

I've always liked Tequila but would rarely have it in anything other than a shot. After this event I've grown to love the taste of the Casamigos Tequila and am excited to drink it on the rocks on a cold winter's night, and also create a delicious Christmas Cocktail with a couple splashes of tequila!

Here are a few of my photos from the event, and my vintage bar cart with my new favourite drink!
“We love tequila. On the rocks, by the shot, at times, straight from the bottle,” say George Clooney and Rande Gerber. “We are excited to bring Casamigos to Canada. It’s a great feeling to share something we created, drink and are extremely proud of,”
For more information on Casamigos Tequila, please visit www.casamigostequila.com, follow them on Facebook at Facebook.com/casamigos tequila, and on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest @Casamigos


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this Casamigos Blogger Event at Soho House was truly adorable. Thanks for sharing these photographs dear. Attending last night’s Christmas special blogger event was also fun and enjoyable. You know this event had been organized at the prettiest event space NYC.

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)