August 20, 2016

whish wedding - part twelve, our wedding readings

Choosing your wedding reading(s)
Oh hello there & Happy Saturday. It's a very hot one here in Toronto. After spending my day going to the Toronto Flower Market and meeting up with some blogger pals, I am more than happy to be inside with the AC (and Adele) blasting.

As promised, I will be sharing all of our wedding day details on here! One thing I thought would be fun to share is how we chose our readings and what we chose in the end. 

After recently listening to my favourite podcast Happier - they talked about how challenging it is to find the perfect wedding reading for your big day. Which I could totally reason with - it IS tough, very tough. We spent lots of time scrolling through wedding blogs and  websites reading all the wedding readings, passages and quotes.

After a long while researching and finding absolutely fitting to Pete and I as a couple and the vibe of our wedding, we thought it was time to start thinking outside the box a bit. We thought it would be really fun to choose some quotes from our favourite movies - since we love movies, and this seemed a lot more fun, relaxed and so much more "us", this is exactly what we did.

So, how do you find the perfect wedding you ask? I think it just comes down to remembering that you can choose what ever you want! You don't need to limit yourself to wedding specific readings, or things you feel you have to choose. Find something that reflects you both as a couple. Something you both love, and that feels true to your relationship and your wedding day. As soon as we started thinking like this we found these awesome quotes for us.

Here are the three quotes/readings that we chose to be read by Pete's cousin at our ceremony - they were just perfect! I love them all so much, al love these movies. I do think the When Harry met Sally one is my favourite one though - that one line makes me cry every time. ♥

From When Harry met Sally:
"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"

From Love Actually:
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

From Juno:
"Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)