December 12, 2016

Hygge Themed Gift Guide


Oh hello my loves! I was able to sneak in this blog post tonight after one amazingly crazy busy weekend! Knocked a lot more things of my Christmas to-do list :) 12 more days!

So, I haven't been able to share much about this on my blog yet, but one of my favourite things in life right now is something called Hygge ♥ (and I have a feeling you will love it soon too)

"In essence, hygge means creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people. The warm glow of candlelight is hygge. Friends and family – that’s hygge too. There's nothing more hygge than sitting round a table, discussing the big and small things in life. Perhaps hygge explains why the Danes are the happiest people in the world?"

I decided to share a Hygge inspired gift guide for you all!:

1. The little book of Hygge by Penguin Books - I started reading this and I am already SO in to it. I have been so busy lately that I haven't had much time for reading but once we are moved in to our new place I will be getting cosy in my jammies and reading the whole thing

2. Muskoka Campfire Candle from Smells like Canada - I know the lovely and talented gal responsible for these amazing creations. Natalie is awesome and she hand makes all of these candles from her own home! Not only are they Canadian AF but they smell SO good. Candles are also the most hygge thing ever.

3. The cosiest reading socks ever from Chapters! I know the idea of getting specific socks for reading is crazy, but when it's -20 and you're trying to stay warm inside, these will make you so so happy.

4. The most delicious coffee with an awesome mug to match from Calgary Heritage Roasting Co! I love these guys, and not only are they ridiculously handsome, but they make some SERIOUSLY delicious coffee, not to mention some really wonderful merch.

5. Some wonderful (and beautiful) tea from Sloane Tea! I love Sloane Tea especially because the tins are literally just so gorgeous. After you drink up and feel warm and cosy, you can use your 

6. Matches in a jar from Urban Outfitters - Because let's be honest, how cute are matches in general? And very Hygge! I have a little jar of them and I love the way they look styled on a book shelf. They are perfect to the light your hygge candles to get you feeling cosy to the max.

1 comment:

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)