June 18, 2015

10 Jules Facts! (jules-isms)

Oh Hello there, gorgeous! & Happy Thursday! I was tagged by the lovely Morgan of The Flame Dame for 10 things you don't know about me (or perhaps maybe you know some!) I tried to think of some fun facts about me, and here are the 10 I came up with! Enjoy! ♥

1. I love Christmas - If you've followed my blog for a while, you know that Christmas is one of my hugest loves. Since I was a little kiddie, Christmas has always been my favourite time of year. Not that I think I need to justify why, but I will tell you anyway. My Dad Passed away just before I turned 18, and some of my most special cherished memories of him are around Christmas time, he always made it so special and fun, so that definitely plays a big part. Other than that, it's the obvious things, people giving and spreading love and joy, spending time with friends and family and those you love most, and the overall theme of life being really positive and jolly. AH, so excited just thinking about it. (also, to add to that, my Instagram name: @julierosschristmas)

2. Jimmy Fallon follows me on twitter - I am not too sure how it happened or exactly when it happened, but it makes me SO HAPPY! He is one of my favourite people of all time and I have loved him since back in the day when he was in Fever Pitch and on SNL. The odd time I do tweet at him and send him some love and I guess I did it on the right day! I am one of the 6,437 people Jimmy follows! He's got over 26 million followers too!
3. I'm a Leo -Well, I can tell you I don't know too much about Astrology but I know well enough to know I am a Leo, and that people always say things like "Omg, you're such a Leo"
"The great strengths of the Leo-born are their creativity, idealism and leadership. Lions don't lack for ambition, either, so they're likely to accomplish a lot -- and have fun while they're at it. Their warmth and loyalty ensures that others will enjoy the ride as well."

4. I Love SNL! - I've always loved watching SNL and a few years ago my love grew even more after a friend of ours that we met while working on the cruise ship landed a spot on the show! Say what? Yep, it's true. Pete and I worked with Vanessa Bayer on the Norwegian Dawn. Vanessa was a part of the Second City cast on the ship, and ended up auditioning for SNL and becoming part of the cast (obvs) Pete and I were lucky enough to see SNL and Vanessa live in New York and it was one of the coolest experiences of our lives! We also got to go backstage, and the the SNL cast after party and meet  fellow cast members (dying) It's a story we love to tell until this day!

5. My job is to make people happy - Well, kinda! When I am not being a badass blogger babe, I am working my full time job at a student travel company as a "Culture Coordinator" - I do all kinds of things in this role, but to name a few ; on boarding new staff, office tours, planning events and activities, helping out with company conferences, executing parties, theme days, and doing little things to make the staff happy, proud and excited about where they work. It's the little things!

6. I used to work on a Cruise Ship - Yep, it's true! The first Summer I ever did it, I was on a ship that sailed from Seattle to Alaska! So cool. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I worked as a Youth Counsellor and went by the name Cupcake! I met so many incredible people from all over the world, and got to travel to some amazing places. Best of all? Meeting my future husband on board what I like to call The Love Boat AKA The Norwegian Dawn, sailing from New York City to Bermuda every week. Tough life, eh?

7. I was on the Improv team in High School - My older brother Joe did Improv in High School and I used to go watch them live when I was a teenager, I knew when I had the chance I would want to get involved. I was (some how) funny and witty enough to make the Improv team and was a part of the team all my high school years. The guys I spent the majority of my time with became some of my absolute best friends, and made me laugh every single day. Our team competed in the Canadian Improv Games and travelled all around doing live Improv. Definitely some of the best times in my life, and sometimes I think about taking some classes and getting involved again!
8. I went to 7 proms, and have been a Bridesmaid 7 times - In High School I was a professional prom date! Haha, a few of them I went with boyfriends, a few with friends, and then a few as a female date for my gay friends who weren't out of the closet yet. No matter who I went with, I had the best time (and I never wore the same dress!) And when it comes to being a bridesmaid, I am also a pro! I have been lucky enough to stand up for 7 of my bestest pals, which is just such a special thing. I love weddings and celebrations and playing such a huge part in someones wedding day is a true honour.

9. I am a city girl - You've probably seen me post on here and on my Instagram about Toronto. I absolutely love this city and going on adventures here. A lot of my friends have settled down in the suburbs, which I totally see the appeal. However, Pete and I are such city people and we know that Toronto is where we want to be, where we will be happiest, and where we'll start a family. The city is definitely not for everyone, but there is so much to do and see here and I continue to love this place every single day.

10. Travel is one of my biggest loves - I can't pin point the exact moment I fell in love with travel, but I think it was the trip I took with My Mom and brothers to San Fransisco. I fell in love with the city and exploring a new place and from there my passion for travel began. I consider myself so lucky to of travelled where I have in my 30 years of existence. Some places I've travelled to? Florida, Cuba, San Fransisco, Chicago, Seattle, New York, New Orleans, Cleveland, Thailand (twice!), Mexico, Banff, England, Belgium, Holland, Bahamas, Bermuda, Dominican, Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, Alaska, Paris, Ireland, and Scotland. We're excited to plan our next big adventure : The Honeymoon!

quick bonus facts:
- I love scary movies!
- I used to work at a Pirate Themed Resort in Florida!
- I've always wanted to travel to Hawaii
- I only wear dresses, no actually though
- I LOVE 90's sitcoms, like. so. much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)