March 20, 2019

hapiness + spring (!!!)

today is a great day you guys! it's the first day of spring annnd the international day of happiness!

What a day! One I sure look forward to every year that;s for sure. I am more than ready for Spring this year after a long (very cold) winter. Sometimes it feels like Spring will never get here, and I was feeling all warm and fuzzy today as the sun was shining so bright and I could literally smell Spring in the air. I also smelled a BBQ which just means nice weather is coming!

I had this plan to write this long, emotional post about living a life filled with happiness, and the things in my life that have helped me live a life filled with joy. Buuut, to be honest, I just don't have it in me! Part of being happy is setting boundaries, and realistic expectations for myself. Not sure if you can tell but I tend to go a bit overboard in literally every facet of my life (lololol) I am slowly getting better at this, and a bit part of it is learning to say no and take more time to recharge, relax and be at home with Pete.

Buuut, one thing I was able to (somehow) get ready in time for today was a new podcast episode!!! -It's all about happiness and spring, of course. Check it out if you're looking for a sassy little pick me up. This one was fun, and I can't wait to record many more to come! ♥

Here are a few of my favourite blog posts I've written about happiness in the past //
looking for lykke
international day of happiness/first day of spring 2018 edition
what i've learned from the "happier" podcast
learnings from "happier", part two
omg, our wedding

Here are some books about happiness I've enjoyed //
the happiness project, the power of moments, you are a badass, the book of awesome, the little book of hygge, + little book of lykke.

And here are some little things making me happy lately //
cooking, flipping through magazines, reading good books, sunny moments in my craft room, counting my steps on my fitbit, watching workin' moms, writing out my daily happy moments, having no plans on week nights, getting new plants for our home, trying to learn about my gem stones, playing soccer on my work team, going for walks in our hood, chilling the f out.

Hope your day/week/month/year is magical. If it's been tough, it'll get better. Love the start of a new season and new dreams. Let's make it special.

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, this was one of the better posts I read about happiness and International Day of Happiness! I am always doing too much, and putting others before myself, but you were so right to say that boundaries are as much of the balance of happiness as the happy moments are! Your podcast episode was great- natural and genuine! Thanks for continuing to share Julie <3

    ReplyDelete

you are so cute! thanks for commenting:)